Model Cars Magazine Forum

pay for shipping it`s yours

If you have the instructions it's not hard to put it together, the parts don't have any numbers on the trees but they are quite easy to identify when you compare them to the instructions.
If you don't have any instructions it's another deal...but they are available on the internet.
I built one of these as a teenager a long time ago...it must have been back in the late 70's as the kit I built came out 1977.
Don't give up, if you take it easy and go slow and methodical I'm sure you can do it.

Edited by Force

i am now gonna try to find  instructions with  #`s - 

AMT has two White Freightliner kits, one Dual Drive and one Single Drive.

Here are the instructions for the Dual Drive.

https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/amt/5105_white-freightl

Here are the instructions for the Single Drive
https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/amt/t530_white-freightl/ 

The thing with old AMT kits is that the instructions often (but not allways) has numbers and name of the part but the parts on the parts trees doesn't have any numbers, so you have to look at the instructions and compare the parts to them and find out what part goes where.
The numbers on the instructions is to tell in what order you should put the parts together, not to identify the part itself.
A little hint is when it says (C) or (Chrome) the part you need is on one of the chrome plated parts trees, if it says (Amber) they are on the amber parts tree, (Red) on the red parts tree, (Clear) on the clear parts tree and if it doesn't say anything except for the number the part is on one of the white parts trees.

As I said before, I'm sure you can figure this out and build the kit, just take it easy and go slow.

i have the instructions  it`s just that  nothing came  numbered - the instruction sheet  the  plastic  NOTHIN

It really is not that difficult. Much easier than assembling a jigsaw puzzle.  But not as easy as um, paint-by-numbers pictures. :)

Edited by peteski

i have the instructions  it`s just that  nothing came  numbered - the instruction sheet  the  plastic  NOTHIN

This is what I have been trying to say the whole time.
Old AMT kits does not have any numbers on the plastic parts and you won't find any kit from that era that has as they never had them.
But if you look at the instructions at the links in my last reply you see that there are numbers there beside the parts...but these numbers are only to tell what order to put the parts together in...they are not to identify the parts themselves.
Sometimes AMT helped a bit by copying the complete parts trees in the instructions and have identifying numbers there, but I don't know if there are any issue of the Freightliner that has that.

i`m gonna try to erect this beast - yea the only  numbers are on the sheet and they are just the order  - i`ve done a lot of models and this is the 1st time this has happened

You'll survive and succeed. Trust me!  :)  And if for some reason you get stuck, there are plenty of knowledgeable modelers here to help.