Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Dodge D500 Custom Royal

Michael Kröger

The work you've done is fantastic! However I am baffled as to why you added the column shifter as this car has a push button shift, unless you plan to install a standard transmission in which case you should remove the push buttons from the dash. Maybe you could move the column shifter to the left side of the column to represent the turn signal stalk, a detail missing in the photos. ;)

The HiWay HiFi is very cool! Always wanted one in my 1:1 '56 Dodge.

Edited by #1 model citizen

15 minutes ago, #1 model citizen said:

The work you've done is fantastic! However I am baffled as to why you added the column shifter as this car has a push button shift, unless you plan to install a standard transmission in which case you should remove the push buttons from the dash

He has a point.

I missed that myself.

All of these old Mopars from this era had push button automatic transmissions.

I'm not "baffled" as John is, I just chalk it up to the fact that nobody is 100% familiar with every year, make and model of automobile.

I personally make mistakes like this all of the time.

No big deal, it's only a model.

I would just chalk it up to experience & remember it for the next one.

Steve

4 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

He has a point.

I missed that myself.

All of these old Mopars from this era had push button automatic transmissions.

I'm not "baffled" as John is, I just chalk it up to the fact that nobody is 100% familiar with every year, make and model of automobile.

I personally make mistakes like this all of the time.

No big deal, it's only a model.

I would just chalk it up to experience & remember it for the next one.

Steve

I would agree that nobody can know it all and I know I've made boat load of mistakes and have chosen to let many of them slide that the manufacturers made, but this is one of the best known features of these cars. It looks like Micheal did lots of research on this build & even posted a pic of the interior of a 1:1 car clearly showing this detail. He was even aware of the rare, not well known record player option. Maybe his mistake was putting the stalk on the wrong side of the column and that would be an easy fix, even for me. He is far more talented than I. I only hope to become good a modeler has he is.

13 hours ago, Michael Kröger said:

You're right, with the lever and the push button buttons I just overlooked.
Now it's just too late to change since everything is already glued in place.
I write it behind my ears in Germany says.

Well your work is so stunning I don't think most people would even notice. They will be admiring your work & gawking at the record player!

4 hours ago, Michael Kröger said:

Hallo

The pegasus hubcaps are fine but for 60.

A little bit different.

Greatings

The details on this car are spectacular and your work looks very clean.  I also have a couple of sets of the Pegasus hubcaps,and would love the chance to get resin copies of your hubcaps, as well, especially considering that The Modelhaus has effectively shut its doors.   May I ask what tires you're using?

Michael, I'm reasonably certain that in the case of a manual shift car, Dodge would've used a blank aluminum plate in place of the push buttons.  If you use some careful knifework to shave off you pushbuttons and repaint the space matte aluminum you'll have a solution to the dual shift control problem.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:39 AM, Michael Kröger said:

Hallo

Thanks for your Interest.

My English is not the best. I often use Google to translate, i hope you understand me.

Loud and clear Michael!!!!!!!!!!! Your build is beyond beautiful!!!!!!!!! Love the colors and workmanship you've put into it!!!!!!!! Keep the pics coming!!!!!