Model Cars Magazine Forum

12 Hours

For anybody interested the 12hrs of Bathurst starts at about 2:25 PM Saturday EST. You can watch it it at NISMO TV channel on Youtube. They are showing it even though they are not running any R-35's this year. There are 96 cars on the entry list including a modern version of a Daytona Cobra Coupe. There is always a good shoot out at the finish of this race.  Watch this video of Darrel Waltrip as a passenger at this track. Waltrip at Bathurst

bathurst-preview-29.jpg

e9305927cb262e911167b0c90f84b50d--powder-engineering.jpg

Edited by 935k3

Don't believe everything you read over there mate, there were 53 cars listed, 1 was withdrawn today after a crash, so 52 SHOULD start, but there were 2 who did not make the track today.

This is a cool race, but will have a lot of safety cars as usual due to the nature of the track, and so many "owners" driving. It is one difficult track

even for professional drivers.

BUT, well worth a look, i know i will be watching the whole 12 hours..

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

Waltrip at Bathurst is pretty good. Is that a Holden he's riding in? And I do like the modern version of the Cobra coupe above. A very nice looking car. 

Yes it's a Holden Monaro I believe.  I also like that Cobra Coupe!

Nope, a Holden Commodore, not a Monaro which is the two door version. The car in the video from 2011 is a Holden V8 Supercar which race against Ford Falcon V8 Supercars in a very closely controlled 2 make series which is our premium class. The footage shows the practice day before the biggest V8 Supercar race of the year which is 1000km around the 6km Mount Panorama circuit in the country town of Bathurst about 3 hours west of Sydney.

The 12 Hour Race being held tomorrow at the same circuit has evolved into an endurance race for GT3 style cars - Porsche, BMW, AMG, Audi, Bentley, McLaren, Lamborghini etc. It began as a Production Car race and is now for exotics. I believe the intention is for it to become included as part of the GT3/World Endurance Championship. There is a 6 Hour Production Car Race at Bathurst later in the year which is also well regarded.

Google for info on the Mount Panorama track. You will be amazed at the extent of the climb up the mountain, the speed across the top and the massive drop back down!

Here is the link to the official Live Stream Feed: http://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/streams-tv/international-streaming/

Enjoy!!