Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

I found a company called TCP Golbal that has Paint Booths by a company called Master Airbrush Portable which looks good. Has anyone dealt with this company and if  so how was the situation, good, bad, so so?

I have no desire to DYI so will be happy to have a premade by next week. As near as I can tell it should come by at least next Wednesday if ordered today (Sat 03/24/2018).

Thanks, Robert

PS: This one has lights and the rotating table; they say 7".

5ab666708e5df_PaintBooth.jpg.b3d87207488b7370bef07a0fec042ea6.jpg

Edited by Ro3bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a very similar Paint Booth that I purchased a few years ago. I just double checked and I can't find anything that shows what company offered it. There is a model # 11S-E420 listed on the back but I don't think that would be enough to identify the manufacture. The unit you have ordered has some very desirable additional features. I work in a corner of my basement that is dedicated to mowers and yard tools and such. The lighting for the subject that you're spraying would be a very big bonus. My only suggestion would be very obvious, the exhaust vent. In my case they offered an extra cost kit with a longer exhaust tubing. You really wouldn't want to mount the exhaust as pictured, fumes and all. I went to Home Depot and they offer flexible exhaust tubing that is designed for hot water heaters in several different diameters for a fraction of what the manufacture wanted. From a safety stand point I think you are wiser to use an exhaust fan that is designed for this use. Mine has served me well and I think with the lighting feature you will have an even better unit to work with.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert,

I started with this exact booth.

A lot of good information in this thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David

I don't know why they show the exhaust tube facing the front of the booth but it is designed so one can open a window and put it there. Also it comes with a fiberglass and activated charcoal filter. The exhaust tube can be stretched to 7 ft.

I work in my attic with no windows and I don't do a whole lot of painting so hopefully won't have problems with fumes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased mine from evil bay for a lot less with free shipping. I would check the site out. its been used now for several years and still working

Edited by GMCMAN52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GMCMAN52 said:

I purchased mine from evil bay for a lot less with free shipping. I would check the site out. its been used now for several years and still working

I've never had dealings with E Bay. I've been a bit skeptical of getting something thru them. Probably wrong but I'm concerned I wouldn't get something using ebay, just me.

Robert 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With payment via PayPal (I know some distrust it), Ebay may be one of the safest ways to buy something. They put a lot of pressure on the seller to make things right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ro3bert said:

David

I don't know why they show the exhaust tube facing the front of the booth but it is designed so one can open a window and put it there. Also it comes with a fiberglass and activated charcoal filter. The exhaust tube can be stretched to 7 ft.

So it fits in the picture?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ro3bert said:

I found a company called TCP Golbal that has Paint Booths by a company called Master Airbrush Portable which looks good. Has anyone dealt with this company and if  so how was the situation, good, bad, so so?

I have no desire to DYI so will be happy to have a premade by next week. As near as I can tell it should come by at least next Wednesday if ordered today (Sat 03/24/2018).

Thanks, Robert

PS: This one has lights and the rotating table; they say 7".

5ab666708e5df_PaintBooth.jpg.b3d87207488b7370bef07a0fec042ea6.jpg

Robert, I have that exact spray booth and bought mine through Walmart.com, though it was shipped directly from TCP Global, Walmart.com was more or less the middleman for the order. I think I had it in a week or less from the time I ordered it. It is a great beginning booth, but if you do larger projects, it will be tight due to the compact size. This is mine with a 1/32nd scale tanker trailer from Revell's Mack R tanker kit. 

HPIM4882.thumb.JPG.1bf3ea271a48a9856dd9a19d4b8d4c44.JPG

HPIM4881.thumb.JPG.4d2f26afa3c20d145c14136b6f1f4ec3.JPG

Also, a few tips for it other than the limited size for large projects, the filter gets quite unhappy with spray cans and it will clog it up quickly especially primer. Secondly, and I did this with mine before the first use, is to keep overspray off of the lighting kit put some clear packing tape over the area where the LEDs are. There is a clear plastic cover over the LED panels, but with overspray it won't stay clear long! That is why I put the clear tape over the plastic covers, after they get covered with overspray all I have to do is take the old tape off and put new tape on without losing the lighting feature. Last, though you will get the rotating base with the booth as in the forward facing pic in your post, don't waste the extra money on the optional parts holder shown in the large pic. It is JUNK JUNK JUNK!!! I did get it also, and only after a couple uses, all but 1 or 2 or the cheaply made plastic alligator clips broke. 

3 hours ago, espo said:

I have a very similar Paint Booth that I purchased a few years ago. I just double checked and I can't find anything that shows what company offered it. There is a model # 11S-E420 listed on the back but I don't think that would be enough to identify the manufacture. The unit you have ordered has some very desirable additional features. I work in a corner of my basement that is dedicated to mowers and yard tools and such. The lighting for the subject that you're spraying would be a very big bonus. My only suggestion would be very obvious, the exhaust vent. In my case they offered an extra cost kit with a longer exhaust tubing. You really wouldn't want to mount the exhaust as pictured, fumes and all. I went to Home Depot and they offer flexible exhaust tubing that is designed for hot water heaters in several different diameters for a fraction of what the manufacture wanted. From a safety stand point I think you are wiser to use an exhaust fan that is designed for this use. Mine has served me well and I think with the lighting feature you will have an even better unit to work with.    

As Robert mentioned earlier, the exhaust hose is designed to go out a window and not mounted to the top of the booth. If you look closely at the top right corner of my pic of this exact booth, you can see the vent tube going up to the window in my model room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have that exact spray booth. I have a (semi) permanent spot for ot, so I hard lined the exhaust to the window.

I also duct taped all the corners. It makes it a little stable. I cover the inside with paper and change it before spaying any bodies

Ive been using it for about 2 years now, spraying lacquer, enamel and acrylic.

I am completely satisfied with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a lot from TCP. Like them a lot! Booth is nice. Mine is custom made and made ages ago! Like the slim vent. I would strongly suggest a metal vent tube in any app. Vinyl will break down over time from solvent use. Save yourself from the experience I had where the tube disintegrated during a critical paint job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the rig i made

I only use water base paint with this booth as it would be frowned upon by the management if i blew up the house:wacko:

The entire booth can be made under a hundred bucks not including the compressor or the airbrush

 

KIMG0074.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...