Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cavalier project

Dburk

46 minutes ago, iBorg said:

I've often wondered why more of these kits haven't been converted into pro stocks. This is one to watch. At first I thought the hood scoop was incorrect but Warren Johnson ran one very similar.

I don't think this was a popular body style or kit. You are correct about W.J. and his Firenza. I went with the old scoop because it went with the looks of the body better than the current pro stocks. The body is actually from a promo model that I found on ebay

Edited by Dburk

On 8/30/2018 at 1:24 PM, Dburk said:

I went with the old scoop because it went with the looks of the body better than the current pro stocks.

It's funny to me to hear someone refer to the rounded/areo style scoop as "old".  :D I suppose now it is, but in '87(?) or so, this new style scoop was quite different from the more squared off scoops with predated it:

ccmonte.jpg

The above hood scoop was found in the original 1/24 Monogram Pro Stock kit, Bob Glidden's 7-Eleven T-bird, and would look very appropriate with the angular, non-aero lines of the early Cavalier bodystyle IMHO.

At any rate, good to see someone using the early GM J-body as the basis for a build. :)

5 hours ago, iBorg said:

Ron I disagree with you. I hate the noses people are putting on the hoods of the car.

Yea but if you don't have a cowl hood,and no scoop,how do you keep the motor under the hood?A lot of guys are using those plastic clear scoops.I don't really like them.:D

• 4 years later...