Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin for Revell '41 Chevy pickup?

Looking for resin for the '41 Chevy pickup. A quick google search only comes up with the Resin Realm (Star Models) '41 Panel Delivery body, which is based on the 40 Ford and totally wrong. I am building a stock build, but would like to do a Suburban or Panel Delivery. Or perhaps even a GMC conversion of the pickup. It is for a club build (we are each doing a '41 Chevy) but I would like to build something stock, other than out of the box. Any info is welcome. 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Thanks, that would work, but they are out of stock. Lol. No way to really get ahold of them, other than message them from their facebook page. Which I did. 

Edited by realgone58

On 12/21/2018 at 2:53 PM, 64SS350 said:

Ron at RMR is a great guy, that is his new website which has only been up for a short time. 

By all means message him, out of stock may be a default when stock isn't on hand ,buy he can surely make one up.

Thanks. He did get back to me. I will be buying some of his resins, however I decided to go another route with the 41 Chevy pickup. Found an old diecast 53 Chevy wrecker I had, which I will be kit-diecast bashing with the 41 to build a 41 wrecker. Should be pretty neat. 

• 6 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 10:30 AM, ranma said:

Why not just buy a Monogram '39 chevy sedan Delivery? That way you could kit bash the two. There is a few of them on Ebay right now.

170267-10571-pristine.jpg

Monogram 39 Chevy SD_zps2kizhmco.jpg

Wouldn't work for a correct panel truck. The sedan delivery is a passenger car based body, which is not the same as truck.

• 2 weeks later...