Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deuce Days in Scale - July 21/19 - Victoria BC Canada

Phildaupho

This model car show takes place on the same day as the world's biggest gathering of '32 Fords around the Inner Harbour of  Victoria BC Canada - Northwest Deuce Days.

https://www.northwestdeuceday.com/

The show will be NNL style and will of course feature '32 Ford models as well as models of pre-52 cars. The show takes place indoors in the Hotel Grand Pacific - right in the middle of the action.

There will be many special displays such as models of all 15 varieties of '32 Fords

Hot Rods start arriving in Victoria on the Thursday with a full ferry load of cars coming from California north. There are cool cars through out the city for the next 5 days. On Saturday there is a huge poker run starting on the waterfront. The outdoor car show is on Sunday with over 1300 cars already registered of which as many as 500 are '32 Fords.

If you plan to come, you should book your accommodation early and make ferry reservations.

POSTER JUNE 12- V2 copy

DeuceDay2019main500

Edited by Phildaupho

• 4 months later...

These are the two posters for Deuce Days in Scale.  The 3W was built by Russ Ferguson and I built the other three. The roadster and sedan are replicas of cars that have appeared at Northwest Deuce Days both of which have been hot rods since the sixties in the Greater Vancouver BC area. The maximum registration of 1400 for the outdoor car show was reached months ago.

image.thumb.png.0a991d82b89c93b5f4a9d544d89bd940.pngimage.thumb.png.43b124cab2c4943e58a9a4a3e0ffa6ff.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The count down has started. A full ferry load of hot rods from SoCal north are scheduled to arrive on Thursday afternoon. One of the BC mainland entrants is going to park his almost completed Deuce Roadster pickup overnight in my carport. The weather for the weekend is forecast to be fabulous. Its going to be an awesome event. Wish you could be here.

2v29uaWWqximYT.jpg

Just finished my entry tonight for Deuce Days this weekend! It's the "Hot Red Deuce", a combination of the vintage AMT and modern R/M series. It will join my entry from 2016, the "Blue Seude Vicky". Looking forward to a great event as over 1,000 Dueces have gathered out here on Vancouver Island.

Cheers and stay tuned!

Misha

IMG_0187.JPG

14 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

I hope you guys get us some good pictures. 

All  of these scale deuce's look great.

5 hours ago, espo said:

Amen on the pictures. 

Hey Andy and David - I will be taking model photos at Deuce Days in Scale but for now have posted a bunch of photos on fotki of the great cars seen around Victoria the last few days

https://public.fotki.com/phildaupho/2019-deuce-days-ful/

20 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Hey Andy and David - I will be taking model photos at Deuce Days in Scale but for now have posted a bunch of photos on fotki of the great cars seen around Victoria the last few days

https://public.fotki.com/phildaupho/2019-deuce-days-ful/

Thank you for the pictures. So many great looking cars. I have had the good fortune to have visited this area in the past on vacations and is beautiful every where you look. 

The four fabulous days of Northwest Deuces are now over with the huge outdoor car show and Deuce Days in Scale taking place on Sunday. Both shows could not have been more successful. There were over 1300 pre-1952 cars with maybe half being Deuces under the sunshine and over 270 models inside in air conditioned comfort. I have made a post under general with a link to two albums of the full scale cars and will be posting Under Glass of the scale 15 varieties of 32 Fords. The model show had tables for Deuces, pre-1952 non Deuces, the 15 varieties display with model display boxes, large scale and other display models.

2v2ELDPs8ximYT.jpg2v2ELDPu5ximYT.jpg2v2ELDPAFximYT.jpg2v2ELDPQdximYT.jpg

These three models are of the same car - an outstanding Vancouver BC custom of the early 1960's and still exists today. The model on the left was recently completed by the original owner Cort Elliot. The two models to the right were built and cast in resin by Gerry Chevalier formerly of Mini-Exotics. The model on the far right is how the car currently looks still in very good condition. Resin model kits are available as a fundraiser for the current owner who has health issues.