Model Cars Magazine Forum

Arrowhead Aluminum Accessories

Funny, NOW I get an email from them after I opened a dispute in PayPal! Telling me that I need to close the dispute or my shipping label can't be created. Yea, so I can wait two more months!?!? No, I think I'll leave the dispute open!

Forward that email to paypal.

I waited for 3 months, then I ran into them at the NNL North...I knew they were going to be there so I had my Paypal stuff along. I presented it to them...gave me some lame excuse about shipping address, blah blah, blah....then I just asked them to give me the parts from their display as I had already paid for them. I could tell they were not happy about that but such is life. I will not buy parts from them again unless it is at a show and I have parts in hand.

Edited by mrindy77

Oh..I learned my lesson and will be sure to steer everyone away from them! They sent me a tracking number but I'm still not closing my dispute with PayPal until I check the order when it gets here!

Oh..I learned my lesson and will be sure to steer everyone away from them! They sent me a tracking number but I'm still not closing my dispute with PayPal until I check the order when it gets here!

Don't close it until the stuff arrives. As a matter of fact don't close it at all. Let the burden fall on them. They have to prove to PayPal that they shipped and it was delivered. Mall you have to do is wait. Glad I read all this. Had been thinking of ordering a few things.

I want to thank you all for this discussion . He listed some items I want .. I think I changed my mind . So , will not ship until you close the dispute ? Forward this Email to Pay Pal .. PLEASE . My everso diminishing faith and trust in fellowman Thank you ..

Edited by dimaxion

I fully understand resin casters taking a long time to ship the product! I have been in the resin parts industry since 1993 and have sold thousands of items! Right now some of my customers have been waiting a very long time as my supplier has been going through some very hard times. One thing I never did though, was ignore anyone's email! Many of them have emailed me several times asking where thier order is. I always answer them and give them the best update I can! I emailed Arrowhead not only thru their website but thru thier auctions on Ebay as well, five times with not one single response in two months! That is just poor, poor customer service!

It sounds like if you want something from them, going through eBay is the way to buy it. You can buy it and if they do not deliver, you open a PayPal case. PayPal will either make them send you what you purchased or they will refund your money. That sounds fairly safe to me. Very little risk to the buyer. Just my 2 cents.

There's no argument the parts are very nice. I have ordered from them several times through ebay, and in fact I'm waiting (about 2 weeks now) on a small order from them now. I really hope it arrives before I have to file paypal claim. What I don't understand is if everyone is having all of these problems with them how come they still have a 100% positive feedback rating?

You have to remember, a lot of people are scared to leave negative feedback for fear of retaliation by the other party. I never leave negative feedback because they will just make up something and leave a negative feedback on me, ruining my perfect feedback score. But believe me, there has been many times I wanted too!!!

Edited by Ben

The seller on eBay is supposed to leave feedback for the buyer as soon as they receive payment, the way I look at it is if they don't they're holding you hostage to make sure your feedback is positive, in that case I don't leave feedback. If they contact me asking for feedback I remind them I'm still waiting for them to leave feedback for me.

You can still leave a positive feedback but leave unfavorable numbers under satisfaction, it won't show on their ratings, but it effects the rates eBay charges them

Fellas, I think you guys need to read the rules on the feedback. It says that Sellers can only leave positive ratings for buyers. That means that buyers should feel free to leave honest feedback without fear of retaliation. And that they also have safeguards in place to protect buyers against unfair negative or neutral feedback.

That is taken straight from the Ebay feedback forum.

but here is a tactic that is sometimes used, by both buyer and seller: wait until the very last day to leave feedback, possibly the very last hour/minute, and then leave negative feedback, either in the form of literal negative feedback (buyer) or "positive" feedback with negatory comments in the comments section. then the other party will not have time to post "retaliatory" feedback, assuming they have not left any feedback as yet.

also, sometimes less than legit sellers will try to put off delivery until AFTER feedback can be submitted before making it apparent the merchandise is not on the way. so if you think you are being put off, or shined on, you quite possibly are, the seller might be waiting until the time limit to be over before just blowing you off altogether and then you will not have recourse through the feedback system (and likely not through paypal at that point either).

jb

Edited by jbwelda

I think you might be a little premature with that thought, Dale. you have probably waited way longer than you wanted to, but most indications are the orders ARE filled, just way past the drop dead date the customer might have in mind. personally I would not forget either, but might get surprised when my order shows up in my mailbox one fine day.

sometimes people who are shall we say on the edge of legitimacy don't really like answering inquiries. that's not good but in a way its understandable: hopefully they are using the time it takes to communicate to produce their stuff and get it out.

jb