Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plymouth Vip 1967 Twin turbo with U-haul trailer

Reuhkapelti2

There is a group of car builders in Finland, who took part of the 2017 Drag Week in USA. They shipped the twin turbo -67 Plymouth Vip across the Atlantic Ocean so they could join the famous race.

I've been building this project for two weeks now and here is the result so far. I'm trying to build this model as close as I can to look like the 1:1 Flying Finns Vip.

I started with Jo-han four door Plymouth Fury Police pursuit car. I cut off the roof and made a new one, also eliminated the rear doors and made the remaining doors a bit longer. 

The engine bay is practically all scratch built, only the engine block is picked from my scrap box. 

Also the U-haul trailer is scratch built of Evergreen plastics. 

Lots of work ahead but that's the way I like! 

IMG_20190113_170944.jpg

IMG_20190113_170954.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2

Vip got painted with the original 1:1 twin turbo Vip metal blue paint. No clear coat yet, letting the paint to dry. The roof will be black.

Also I moved the turbo chargers more straight position and got the new exhaust headers done and joined with the turbos. 

I made the rear side windows a bit longer and moved the rear window a bit lower before painting. Also made the roof a bit longer.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_20190119_200815.jpg

IMG_20190120_202442.jpg

IMG_20190120_211408.jpg

Thanks 426 pack. The trailer is waiting aside for development. I took the wheels off as it was standing a bit too high. Need to reposition them. Here you can see the doors and locks.

Also my VIP got some clear coat and then the roof went black as promised. The roll cage is now shiny black and the shifter in place. The big fire extinqusher sits behind the seats. 

Stay tuned, there is more to come!

IMG_20190123_000733.jpg

IMG_20190122_202856.jpg

IMG_20190122_204636.jpg

Edited by Reuhkapelti2