Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shout out to Tom Geiger! (NNL East)

MrObsessive

Tom, thanks so much for the invite (and reminder) about NNL East! I got the card and I've since called the hotel and made reservations. I certainly would like to get there the night before for the big get-together at the restaurant.

I'd advise anyone that's planning on going, DON'T HESITATE TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS! Rooms WILL fill up fast and for those who've never been there, you owe it to yourself to make the trip. IT'S WELL WORTH IT! I almost wish this were a two day event-------there's SO MUCH to see there!

Thanks Bill!  We did the big mailing operation at our club meeting last Saturday.   The postcards went in the mail on Monday!  They are landing around the world as I type this!   This is the event that makes the upcoming show real for us!

As Bill said, get your hotel rooms now!  We will sell out quickly. We had added rooms every year, pushing out other groups but last year was the first year we had the whole hotel, but still sold out!

cards.jpg

Edited by Tom Geiger

Wish I could make it. I went to the last GSL where I had a lengthy visit with Bob Shelton, who many of you know co-wrote the Model Car Directories with Bill Coulter. He was insistent that I attend the NNL East. I admit he was very persuasive and he passionately endorsed this event. Were it not for him NNL East was just one of those distant afterthoughts that I was certain I'd never attend, but now I think seriously about going eventually. I would also hope I might revisit one of the nicest car modeling advocates you could know.

14 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Tom, thanks so much for the invite (and reminder) about NNL East! I got the card and I've since called the hotel and made reservations. I certainly would like to get there the night before for the big get-together at the restaurant.

I'd advise anyone that's planning on going, DON'T HESITATE TO MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS! Rooms WILL fill up fast and for those who've never been there, you owe it to yourself to make the trip. IT'S WELL WORTH IT! I almost wish this were a two day event-------there's SO MUCH to see there!

Couldn't say it any better. I've been saving pennies for some time now. This will be my 2nd NNL East.

• 2 months later...