Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cutt'n and hack'n a '50 Ford

Very cool work so far!

I am also working on a '50 Ford pickup, in fact using the Ardun head engine from the kit you have.  I sectioned my body, and in the end wound up lopping off the roof for that roadster pickup look.  I had wanted to lower my truck, but the chassis was already built as I'm finishing up a 2012 project.  I like the way you lowered the front. The engine sits very low in the chassis so you still may clear the hood using the provided engine mounts.  

Edited by Tom Geiger

Thanks all.

Tom - aftermarket drop axle will do wonders for lowering this truck.  I wanted something more aggressive and to stay clear of the aftermarket world.  going to stick with styrene fabrication and maybe sampling from my parts bin.  Also, not sure it shows in the pics, but I'm going for a body (cab) drop on the frame to exaggerate the top chop. Altering the frame was the best method.  

Engine choice will most likely be old school flathead power, tough haven't committed yet as to what configuration it will be.  Might have to lower the engine mount between the frame rails for the driveshaft to clear the dash lol.