Model Cars Magazine Forum

Danbury Mint Parts needed.

Geno

Not right now - what are you looking for?  I'm always on the lookout though. 

Thrift stores are a good place to find parts cars.   

I do have a 53 GMC pickup limited edition missing front bumper.   I could be presuaded to let it go.  lol.   Figured I'd find a bumper and  keep it.  

15 hours ago, vamach1 said:

No but I'd put what you are looking for in the subject line so people will read if interested or they can skip over.

Good idea Rex. I should have thought of that beforehand lol. Done.:) Randy, I'm looking for a set of Pontiac Rally II's for a DM GTO. I have the model, just need the wheels and tires. The model was given to me. Thanks, Geno.

Edited by Geno

7 hours ago, Geno said:

Good idea Rex. I should have thought of that beforehand lol. Done.:) Randy, I'm looking for a set of Pontiac Rally II's for a DM GTO. I have the model, just need the wheels and tires. The model was given to me. Thanks, Geno.

You're welcome.  Good luck in your search.  Some of the $15 diecasts out there seem to have decent wheels and tires these days too.

The Welly 72 T/A has an EXCELLENT set of rally IIs if you want the ones without trim ring. - best I think I've ever seen.  The 67 Bird is pretty good as well, WITH the trim ring, if you can make them work.  WElly 68 GTO are nice but are an odd size with the tires that come on them.  I couldn't find a set of tires I liked to go with them and the sidewalls are pretty short for the car.   Crown premium 67 GTo not bad either.  Not as good as the Wellys.   And I may have a set of resin wheels.  Can't remember for sure how good they are.  

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Could the wheels and tires from a common Monogram '68-'69 GTO be made to work? 

I'm not sure, on the DM wheels, the center section pops out to reveal a screw in the center of the rim. Modifying something may be my only alternative other than waiting it out.:(

52 minutes ago, Geno said:

Amen lol. I will figure something out. I was trying the easier route first.:D

I've got a couple glue bomb Monogram '69 GTOs I picked up for "rescuing"--I want to do one in polished orange plastic. It's possible I could put together a full set of wheels/tires for you if you're interested. Surely there's SOME way to adapt them to the DM diecast.