Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help identifying a resin KW

I have been sorting through my big rig stash for the first time since the move....about four years ago. I had forgotten this cab. I usually keep all pertinent info together but not this time. 

Other than being a Kenworth,  I have no memory of what it is, but it has a really short hood. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

20190314_192447.jpg

20190314_192501.jpg

20190314_192507.jpg

20190314_192531.jpg

Edited by Sam I Am

• 4 weeks later...

The conversion kit you have I don’t know who made it, but it is an S-Series Kenworth. The truck was one of the first trucks exported to Australia but was sold in the US primarily on the eastern side of the country where the overall length was an issue. The truck wasn’t overly popular on this side of the pond. The SAR W900 was developed by Kenworth Australia as a replacement for the earlier S model.

There are some really nice restored example's in Australia but that resin cab and hood look like a lot of work to me, there doesn't look to be anything straight or square, or is it possibly the angle of the photo's, good luck with it if you decide to have a go, I will watch the build for sure as it is one of my favorite Kenworths and is one that I would like to model in the future.