Model Cars Magazine Forum

Built box stock although the instructions are pretty vague. I then Googled the real thing to get close ups of particular part positions. I don't build many helicopters so although they suggest building the rotor assembly OK, but don't fit it until everything else is done including the decals. There is a full interior, and four choices of this subject on the decal sheet.

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

Impressive work and painting, especially in 1/72 scale from that company.  I'm surprised it has interior detail. But SME(A)R produced a lot of kits from other companies, so it probably originated somewhere else. 

Egypt still had Mi-8's in service when I worked there from 2005-09.  One day I saw an Egyptian Air Force General getting out of one.  He came out of that door on the port side, just behind the cockpit.  Two enlisted men ran up and dropped the boarding steps, which were covered in red carpet.  A nice touch, I thought.

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Impressive work and painting, especially in 1/72 scale from that company.  I'm surprised it has interior detail. But SME(A)R produced a lot of kits from other companies, so it probably originated somewhere else. 

Egypt still had Mi-8's in service when I worked there from 2005-09.  One day I saw an Egyptian Air Force General getting out of one.  He came out of that door on the port side, just behind the cockpit.  Two enlisted men ran up and dropped the boarding steps, which were covered in red carpet.  A nice touch, I thought.

Thanks Mike. Yes I understand a number of manufacturers have released this kit, some are heavily armoured, this one not. It does give some rockets and structures to hang them but most of these in this release are not armed at all. 

Very neat build. I have a handful of 1/72 choppers in my stash, but haven't dove in yet. (UH-60 Blackhawk, Kamov KA-52, and a few others) Hoping I can reach your level of craftsmanship on those little devils!