Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a difference between these kits?

I'm not familiar with the red one, but I know the white one only has red Mach I side stripes. I can see from the box art the red kit has at least black stripes. No idea if other stripe colours are in the red kit.

To build a very nice Mach 1, your best bet would be to get one of the new Boss 302 kits for the corrected front body work, and combine it with one of the above Mach I kits.

Edited by Bainford

6 hours ago, Bainford said:

I'm not familiar with the red one, but I know the white one only has red Mach I side stripes. I can see from the box art the red kit has at least black stripes. No idea if other stripe colours are in the red kit.

To build a very nice Mach 1, your best bet would be to get one of the new Boss 302 kits for the corrected front body work, and combine it with one of the above Mach I kits.

Thank you for the advice, Trevor! I do believe I’m going to go with the Boss 302 since decals won’t matter for the build.

6 hours ago, Snake45 said:

They're the same basic kit. The decals might be different. The first issue has decals for a fictitious Don Nicholson version; not sure what decals are in the Motor City reissue. 

Thank you for the helpful info, Snake.

12 hours ago, Bainford said:

Just remember the Boss has the scoops filled in behind the doors and the Mach1 has the fake scoops.