Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
Scale-Master

Lola T-70 Mk III

Recommended Posts

Loving those aluminium rims, Mark..... and disc brake calipers...... with disc brake pads fitted......now I have to go lie down for a moment.

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks David!

 

All five wheels, two rears and three fronts, (one for the spare).

 SBy771B.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the updates Mark.

Another one of you outstanding builds. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Trevor!

 

I added the radius/fillets and then polished them up.

jZkRXXW.jpg

And a dry fitted front…

6O9oEyY.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided a more modern set of calipers would not only look cooler, but also be more appropriate for the car with some of the other upgrades it is getting.  I made the Wilwood retrofits for the C3 Corvette calipers I made earlier.  They use the same pads.

FJPYFxl.jpg

lxCNJqb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mad mad skills.  Loved the rims / wheels but seeing these new 3D renderings are just head shaking.  Some real talent you have sir.  cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tim!  Here's some more...

 

 

I've been working back and forth and back again with 3D designing, old school machining and basic hand building to facilitate better fitting of the soon to be grown parts to help the fit of the end results.

I milled up caliper and rotor "blanks" out of resin to help check tolerances inside the software and to the physical parts I have.  I also had to draw up in 3D some of the kit parts I modified for spatial orientation.  Here's some screen grabs I took before sent the files off to Fraxional.

 

G2QWeDI.jpg

71q7VUD.jpg

svERQHY.jpg

H6vlIvl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the tie-rod ends with adjusters for toe.  Brass and aluminum loosely assembled.

XrkXYHj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mark, did you use caswells "Blacken-it"........just curious as I bought it but not used it yet.  I like the look ALOT!   cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are like an old girlfriend of mine, teas, teas, teas. Like someone said "always leave em wanting more. You are a true artist, and I'm waiting for MORE!!!!!!!! I know you have a life outside of building, but is there any way you could give just a little bit MORE? Just giving you a hard time. Well sort of. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, Scale-Master said:

No, I used acid.  And thanks!

 

 

whew ... thank you ... that explains so much here 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lola looks insane  Mark.  any chance of  having  a set of  aluminum   rims and inserts made  for consumer.  i have 3 of these kits i would like to build now that i have some inspiration.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 65slotcar said:

Lola looks insane  Mark.  any chance of  having  a set of  aluminum   rims and inserts made  for consumer.  i have 3 of these kits i would like to build now that i have some inspiration.

Bill

Thanks Bill,

The wheel centers will probably be offered at a later date through Fraxional.  They fit the kit tires.  They should retrofit onto the the kit suspension too. 

While I made aluminum outer rims for my model, I will not be offering them for sale, (too time consuming to make); only the 3D grown versions will be offered.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the reply Mark.    may need to buy a cnc machine someday.  will be looking forward   to seeing your lola build.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got some more of my 3D parts from Fraxional over the weekend.    All parts are raw as "grown", but I have cleaned off the supports.  Here's a few.

Flywheel with pressure plate & clutch.  Small 153 tooth flywheel.

nZoPoGP.jpg

Front side installed in bellhousing.

jvc2PLL.jpg

New corrected Hewland rear transaxle cover.

85aFVDE.jpg

 Engineered to mount with magnets.  (I had the bosses for the magnets grown into the part.)

XRLMZHw.jpg

Full engine & transaxle dry fitted together.

R3fuOeI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...