Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lola T-70 Mk III

Scale-Master

These are the latch handles for the front hood section.  Different design for a different application.

nHGHxcR.jpg

There are some people who assume that when parts are machined they just come out looking like they can be used as is.  In some cases they can be, but in many cases some or a lot of hand finishing is needed, as in these latch handles. This is what these parts looked like after machining but before the hand finishing.  The difference is the hand work. 

V8V8jx2.jpg

• Like 2

While there is a heavy screen built into the grille opening in the body, I added this fine stone guard screen too.  The machined petcock has been installed, and I made a mask and stenciled LOLA onto the screen.  A couple more fittings were machined and installed in this area as well.

0KUeU5v.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of incremental progress spread out over a couple weeks; can't rush at this point.  The engine cover is installed, hopefully for the final time and the electrical loom has been run to the rear lights.  The latches for the front clip are on as are the mirrors and fuel & coolant filler caps.  The windshield has been set in and sealed (only took 15 hours…) and several more detail decals were made and applied.  Too bad the weather is so nasty and I can't shoot it outside, or in the sun…

VljGuNr.jpg

l0OrQyT.jpg

• Like 1

Mark . . . I remember you starting this project at the beginning of 2019, and now you have 36 pages of build history. What an achievement !

I have met a professional scale model builder who lives local to me, but you sir are of a rare breed of superhuman, if you don't mind me saying so.

This incredible level of detail that goes into your models, and especially this Lola T-70, shows us just what can be done when you really understand every single component of such a fine piece of automotive engineering.

I don't believe that you can put a price on a model like this . . . All the man hours, the materials, the research and the absolute care with which you have assembled the model car, leaves me somewhat speechless . . . Thank you for posting the detail of the whole project.

David

• Like 1