Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pizza Hut

Old Coyote

On 7/23/2019 at 8:18 AM, Old Coyote said:

Thanks, but I don't think the wife would let me have another toy:unsure:

LOL. No worries, I just saw it as I was browsing, so had to share with ya. Cant wait for your next works to be posted.

I am always curious how you pump them out so fast. Do you spend alot of time on the chassis, or just put it together box stock and basic paint, then spend the time making the car shell look outstanding?

5 hours ago, Heartattaq said:

LOL. No worries, I just saw it as I was browsing, so had to share with ya. Cant wait for your next works to be posted.

I am always curious how you pump them out so fast. Do you spend alot of time on the chassis, or just put it together box stock and basic paint, then spend the time making the car shell look outstanding?

Thank you for the nice comments. You're correct in your assumption. I do build the chassis box stock, and spend the majority of the time on the paint and decal application. Right now I'm working on Terry's championship winning '96 Monte Carlo and the standard Kellogg's livery '98 Monte Carlo. Since they are so similar, I painted both at the same time and I'm just finishing up the decals. When finished with the body shells I'll start on both chassis' and running gear.

Your builds are spectacular! I've always loved all the Terry cars he has driven and correct if Im wrong but it seems you have a love for Terry too. Lol. All good, I just admire all the variations of Kellogg's hes driven and perhaps we share that passion. I build my cars too body first and IF it turns out mint I continue with the chassis. No one ever looks in there. As a child although it was the opposite. I'd build chassis after chassis and failed on every body I tried so i switched the process up and started with the body... As a child tho.. 

Great work as always and I can't wait to see the remaining 100 more!