Model Cars Magazine Forum

I picked up this sealed kit at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals this year for $12. Primed and painted Tamiya Italian Red, brushed painted the wood (need to apply decals in the panels yet) with enamels. Used a light Tan and the dry brushed Dark Tan for some wood grain. Used Leather color for panels in case the decals are a little small for the panels. Cleared with Tamiya Clear. Debating on Black or Dark Tan roof. Interior will be Tan of some sorts.

20190725_094635.jpg

20190725_094645.jpg

20190725_094614.jpg

Looking Good, so far.I'd go with a pale tan roof. Car won't get as hot in the sun that way.

Looks very good. You didn't ask but i think tan would be a better choice.:D

Hi!

Great combo.

I suggest a very LIGHT colour, because I painted mine a medium brown, and the small windows let surprisingly little  light in,,, As you can tell, you can't distinguish the details.

Just a suggestion...

CT

DSCF3823 (2).JPG

Decided to go with Testors Fabric Tan for the roof.

20190726_120939.jpg

20190726_120942.jpg

Working on my wheel and tire choice. From the Revell 32 5 window coupe. Will be using the chrome rings and caps. Need to touch up white walls after popping wheels in.

20190726_145716.jpg

That roof looks very good. I like the wheels Choice, as well.

I agree with everyone else on the Roof color. The Tan color better patches the color scheme and using the Fabric Style spray should offer a good texture to the finish.  

I agree, that Fabric Tan looks great and has a bit of texture.  I used it on a recent project.

Hm, interesting. I must say that I like this colour combination better than the blue/black used on the original Speedwagon.