Model Cars Magazine Forum

aftermarket stock hubcaps

Anyone know of a place that offers aftermarket stock hubcaps in 1/25 scale?

If I can ever locate a couple '56 Fairlane Club Sedan bodies to modify to reflect my Town Sedan, I will need oem style hubcaps for 55/56 that is not the deluxe hubcap.

I looked online the past year and have found a bunch but nothing that is remotely close to resembling the oem hubcaps that I could modify to make them look proper.

Stock hub caps are generally not very high on the list of most after market suppliers.

The vast majority of after market parts are geared towards custom and racing subjects.

There are a few suppliers offering stock parts for muscle cars, but cars from the 50s?.......not so much.

You may have to contact a 3-D printing operation to have them custom made.

Get out your check book! ;)

Steve

5 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Stock hub caps are generally not very high on the list of most after market suppliers.

The vast majority of after market parts are geared towards custom and racing subjects.

There are a few suppliers offering stock parts for muscle cars, but cars from the 50s?.......not so much.

You may have to contact a 3-D printing operation to have them custom made.

Get out your check book! ;)

Steve

That's what I was afraid of.  Im looking at quite possibly having two 3D printed bodies printed as no one makes Town Sedan bodies and the Club Sedan bodies I could modify I cant find anyone that has any in stock.

I thought about using the stock oem caps from my fireball Roberts kit but that's for a '57 Ford which they were shaped differently and not close enough to make them resemble the 55-56 hubcaps.

Try contacting Modelhaus Tires and see if they have anything that could work. The son of Don and Carol took over the operation making some wheels and tires several years ago and continues to offer the fine stuff Don started way back when.

www.modelhaustires.com

Correct, those are the stardard hubcaps on 55/56 ford cars, the full size deluxe caps were optional.  only difference between 55 and 56 is the color of the insert.  55 was red while 56 was white.  In theory baby moons could be modified to work but in 1/25 scale it might be hard to get the center done just right at least right enough for my goals.

5 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

The ones in the Revell '57 Ford Del Rio wagon are really close.

The center section is larger, but I think that if it was me, I would call them close enough.

Steve

Are they the same caps found in the 57 Fairlane kits?  I got a couple 57 Fairlane kits the fireball Roberts kit which doesn't use hubcaps but they have the regular standard caps in the kit I could use.  Since I got two sets if they are the same I could try my hand at resculpting the shape a bit.  Will weather it anyways with rust and dirt/grime and cobwebs for a diorama of my car before I brought it home.  the other build I want to do is either a restored or show room new appearance.

23 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Check out the reissued Revell 1/32 scale '56 Ford convertible - the hubcaps are a bit large for the scale but may be just right for 1/25, and have the correct shape. 

Anybody have one that can measure the caps?

5d40f52546945_56ford.jpg.e9a24618bf954ba909e9b126125d6305.jpg

Thanks for the reply.  I looked at some photos on ebay of that kit.  looks like it might be workable.  Looks like I will have to sand the thickness down to make it a bit shallower but I think that might actually work if the diameter is proper.  It is too big though it looks like its going out to the rim itself which should be what the beauty ring in this year covers with a little paint visible between the beauty ring and the hubcap.