Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Polish company Lukgraph is releasing 1/35 scale resin kits of the Nash-Jeffrey Quad 4WD trucks.  The kits have full engine/chassis detail and photo-etched parts.  They even include the shovel, ammo crates and other stuff in the bed! Lukgraph is doing several different versions.  The one shown below is a Marine Corps truck. They also do a kit with a full tarp over the bed, an ammunition truck, etc.

Historically, the Quad was a very important vehicle, used in the 1915 Mexican Punitive Expedition and WWI.  I'm hoping ICM or Roden will take the hint and do these in plastic, and in the right scale. ICM already does 2 different versions of the Liberty WWI American truck in 1/35.

A quick look at eBay shows these Lukgraph kits going for $90 to $125.

Nash-Jeff.jpg

Interesting truck.  If ICM ever makes this (and I'm not saying they will), they'll keep in 1/35 because that's where the money is.  They haven't released the Liberty trucks in 1/24, and I'm pretty sure they have no intention to.  Would be nice if they did, though.  It would compliment there 1/24 Model T & Paris Taxi they offer.

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

They haven't released the Liberty trucks in 1/24, and I'm pretty sure they have no intention to.  Would be nice if they did, though.  It would compliment there 1/24 Model T & Paris Taxi they offer.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but I can dream.  ICM did scale up some of their 1/35 cars to 1/24, like the Mercedes G4 and Opel.  Those Model T's are also done in both scales, though the 1/35's are all military versions so far and the 1/24 kits civilian.  So maybe there is a little hope. 

I didn’t notice it was resin. Still, buy the kit, measure the parts with a dial caliper, multiply your measurements by 1.4 and make new parts in 1/25 scale from Evergreen sheet and strip plastic. Go bananas and multiply by 2.19 (2.1875) and make one in 1/16 scale. Then sell the unbuilt original kit on eBay.

Edited by LDO

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

Considering that this is a full resin kit, the price is reasonable.

Agreed.  I spent some time on their website and looking at their stuff on eBay.  Their resin kits look like plastic kits. Thin castings, no or very little resin flash, etc.  They do some really stunning 1/32 scale aircraft kits, like this beauty:

luk_sbu.jpg