Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cartoon Network NASCAR kits

Mark

I can picture that one now.  I've been picking these up on the cheap.  Only the yellow #29 was bought new, at (then) regular price.  Three of them were bought for $3 apiece (two yesterday), the other two were a buck apiece.  

Around here (and in other areas) the market for NASCAR kits collapsed on itself: people often bought two of the same kit (one "to save"), and extras to build with aftermarket decals.  But a lot of them lost interest once they were "last year's cars" or were determined to have been backmarkers (like most of these).  I got the $3 ones from a guy who decided to liquidate his collection of them at a huge loss, the $1 kits came from a couple of guys who bought a large collection.  They blew out the NASCAR items simply because they didn't have the space to store them; in pricing out the collection prior to the purchase, they valued them at zero.  There are still a lot of them around, more than the number of builders with interest in that era...

12 hours ago, ash74 said:

There is a purple Scooby-Doo Monte Carlo, number 29 Driven by Robert Pressley. It's Revell Monogram kit 2484. It's one of my favourites. Thanks

Ash

To clarify: there are two versions of the purple Scooby-Doo Monte Carlo, a curved side version and a slab side version. The decals are the same in both kits.

The 46 Woody Woodpecker is technically not a Cartoon Network car, but the idea is the same lol.

Edited by Merkur XR4Ti

57 minutes ago, Seann Anderson said:

I forgot about the Dexter's Lab #9 cars. Thank you for sharing. Very cool. 

Sweet collection.   I have a few, but not enough :)

There's also the Home Depot Peanuts cars; not Cartoon Network, but kind of cool schemes nonetheless. 

15 hours ago, Mark said:

Besides the six kits pictured, how many different kits did Revell-Monogram produce?

20190930_193142.jpg

I have the Tom & Jerry and Woody Woodpecker Monte Carlos in my stash(the two on the top left).  I plan to get the Huckleberry Hound one as well(top right).  I'm a huge Woody Woodpecker fan and would love to build Rick Mast's version but I'll have to settle for diecast since no one makes the decals that I can find.

1 hour ago, Merkur XR4Ti said:

Also, here are all the Cartoon Network cars it's possible to build using kits and aftermarket decals:

cn cars.jpg

Wow, nice collection Steve.  I didn't realize there were that many different schemes of the Cartoon Network cars.

I have the Flintstones car that I will get to after the first of the year, and bought a Benson Cheerios kit as a donor for the Zombie Island car. I bought the Zombie decals on ebay and am not impressed with them as they look homemade and are not the clearest print job and I fear they are on a white backing which will be hard to trim around. I hope they are usable, but I'm afraid they may not be. I did the Scooby car back in I think '97, but I painted it black with the kit decals and unfortunately I pitched my model collection a few years after that?. I also had most of those cars in 1/24 scale die-cast until I sold that collection around the same time I pitched my models??. I really want to slap my 15-20 years younger self, lol.