Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best 1957 Chevy kit out there?

I fully agree, the snapper is a nice kit!

Built box-stock by my son (11) some weeks ago:

IMG_0253.thumb.JPG.3d5c3b16f3561914ddf2e79a3a82b4e0.JPG

IMG_0251.thumb.JPG.3950fc1ffed96f99fc4bd20262c0bec3.JPG

IMG_0252.thumb.JPG.275f37312a4c3765e5625fdf35bb10d7.JPG

I'd just make sure to get the black boxart "MAX" kit, as that contains both the self-adhesive and the waterslide decals. I wouldn't bother missing the flame decals, but the Chevy decals are important.

Edited by Tommy124

Does the latest version (black box art) come with stock and custom wheels ? Both types of decal are a bonus. Good move Revell.

I have stock wheels & tyres to trade for the customs if you cant find a stock kit. Everything else in whatever version you pick up is the same. The base of the front seat is moulded to the floor which makes swopping a pain (or just mod into a Custom Glide Engineering seat as I have in my 1;1)

Edited by 57peppershaker

10 hours ago, Mr.Zombie said:

What's the best '57 Chevy (two door, stock, 1/25) kit? I'm looking for something that can be put together without too much headache, and it should represent the real car nicley.

Thanks!

I haven't built the Revell snapper (and won't) but I wonder if you wouldn't enjoy the original AMT '57 kit.  Fairly easy assembly, nice results once completed, and something vital to me, an engine.  

I think one thing needs to be noted.  (I built the red and champagne two toned model from the Max kit.  It is linked a ways up in this thread.  I also have a workbench thread.). The bottom of the rear quarters roll in too much.  This causes the rear bumper to not line up with the body.  I had two of these kits and they were both the same.  If you look at Tommy124’s model up above you will see that his kit has the same problem.  I had to install “spreaders” to push my rear quarters out.  Not a deal breaker but something to be aware of.