Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tower Hobbies free shipping/discount code

• 9 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 9:45 PM, mikemodeler said:

I used 01A15, pretty much every time I order at least $50. The free shipping was icing on the cake!

UPDATE- Placed my order on Thursday night, it shipped Friday afternoon, one box from California, one from Illinois. The Illinois box arrived today, the California box is scheduled for tomorrow. The Illinois box got hung up in Indianapolis and delayed a couple of days, usually get my orders within 3 business days.

With the free shipping and discount, it was a good deal. The free shipping runs through Oct 14.

• 3 months later...

...and to cover their butts, the 'free shipping' is noted it would take up to 12 days!

It's coming via FedEx so I will hear it land on the porch when the driver takes the shot from behind the three point line....

Edited by HomerS

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know what happened to Tower Hobbies. For years they were my #1 online store for models and paints but for the last couple of years I haven't ordered from them as they don't have anything in stock or are the last place to get stock in when everyone else has had the models available for quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:39 AM, TonyK said:

I'd like to know what happened to Tower Hobbies. For years they were my #1 online store for models and paints but for the last couple of years I haven't ordered from them as they don't have anything in stock or are the last place to get stock in when everyone else has had the models available for quite some time.

when hobbico went bankrupt, horizon hobbies took over ownership. they focus on horizon products now. 

Edited by youpey