Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 fury s/s

Scott8950

I recently picked this up and will be using the lindberg 330 s/s as a donor. im planning on building the color me gone 63 fury. i am aware the real car was a post top but i can live with that.  im not a high level builder like some here, i just enjoy the hobby but any tips or advice are greatly appreciated.

Color_20Me_20Gone_20-_63_20Plymouth_20Savoy_20_b_20__20w__large.jpg

1962-1963-Plymouth-Savoy-Belvedere-Max-Wedge-413-1.jpg

while fitting the chassis i noticed the rear wheels would be slightly off. the 2 ways of fixing this would be to shorten and relocate the springs or take a small section out of the chassis which is what i choose to do. 2nd pic shows where i made the cut.  All tips and advice are appreciated.. thanks

20191225_202113~2.jpg

20191225_202113~3.jpg

20191227_102044.jpg

20191227_123028.jpg

Scott, using the Lindberg chassis is a good way to go. I’ve used them on my builds. 
One thing is though, the 63 wheelbase is a bit shorter than the Lindberg chassis. I had to do a bit of rear wheel cutting, and adding small pieces of sheet styrene, as well as moving the rear leaf springs up a little. These two mods will ensure the wheels will be centered in the wheel well opening properly. The front wheels lined up without any problem. 

2 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

It seems I was posting as you were posting. 

i researched here and saw your build. i read it twice and found alot of helpful information. i took just a small section out hopefully that does it.

Edited by Scott8950

With the similarity between the hardtop and the post sedans it is not that difficult to convert your build to a post sedan. Using Evergreen strips it is fairly straightforward to lay in a strip around the edge of the roof to duplicate the door frames, then combine different sizes to represent the upright post.

I did this to my 62 Fury to turn it into a Savoy.

Cheers Misha 

C6DB3F4B-AB8B-4906-A43C-9EBE3576B62C.jpeg

72F75EAD-1C2C-48F7-BED7-4DBFBDCDD949.jpeg

1 hour ago, Misha said:

With the similarity between the hardtop and the post sedans it is not that difficult to convert your build to a post sedan. Using Evergreen strips it is fairly straightforward to lay in a strip around the edge of the roof to duplicate the door frames, then combine different sizes to represent the upright post.

I did this to my 62 Fury to turn it into a Savoy.

Cheers Misha 

C6DB3F4B-AB8B-4906-A43C-9EBE3576B62C.jpeg

72F75EAD-1C2C-48F7-BED7-4DBFBDCDD949.jpeg

i've been thinking about trying to add a post.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got back to this, haven't gotten alot done since my dad passed but now im back on it.

Got the firewall and inner fender wells done. Nothing glued or taped in pic. It does have a different radiator support in it now.

20200111_163212-1.jpg

Edited by Scott8950

• 2 weeks later...