Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Firebird designs.. he made the set below for me. Did artwork and printed for practically nothing

IMG_20191120_131030068.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, towman1271 said:

Firebird designs.. he made the set below for me. Did artwork and printed for practically nothing

IMG_20191120_131030068.jpg

I've used Firebird Designs as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by the gold ink, he is likely using Alps MD printer - excellent way to make waterslide decals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peteski said:

Judging by the gold ink, he is likely using Alps MD printer - excellent way to make waterslide decals.

That is affirmative (zoomed in on the smaller font top center of page). That is the first piece I've seen from an Alps printer, and the quality looks pretty impressive. Very crisp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, gman said:

That is affirmative (zoomed in on the smaller font top center of page). That is the first piece I've seen from an Alps printer, and the quality looks pretty impressive. Very crisp.

I see it now.  Yes, Alps MD printer is a wonderful hobby tool.  It has its limitations, but there are workarounds for most of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 8:00 AM, towman1271 said:

Firebird designs.. he made the set below for me. Did artwork and printed for practically nothing

 

Looks like they do excellent work. I do tons of my own decal work. I've done it for many years but have always needed an outside source to print white or metallics. I had a supplier until recently but it looks like he'll be inavailable for a while. Do you know if Firebird will accept my bitmap artwork or do they redraw everything in vector form before printing?

Edited by Bernard Kron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

Looks like they do excellent work. I do tons of my own decal work. I've done it for many years but have always needed an outside source to print white or metallics. I had a supplier until recently but it looks like he'll be inavailable for a while. Do you know if Firebird will accept my bitmap artwork or do they redraw everything in vector form before printing?

Not sure, as I would e-mail him and ask about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, High octane said:

Not sure, as I would e-mail him and ask about that.

Thanks for the reply. I've sent Firebird an inquiry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernard,

Not able to PM you, please let me know if you get a response, I sent him one the other day, no response as of yet.

Thanks,

Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, porschercr said:

Bernard,

Not able to PM you, please let me know if you get a response, I sent him one the other day, no response as of yet.

Thanks,

Trevor

It took about a week before he replied to my email. But will have the product done in no time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

OK, thanks Dave.

Good to hear.

Edited by porschercr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had decals made from Firebird Design last year and I don't recall having any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops! I just checked my e-mails and it seems nothing went out to Firebird. I just sent him a new message. (I just checked - it really did go out this time!) Thanks for the replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...