Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diplomat

Pat Minarick

44 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

..roof looks .. too tall.

That was also my first reaction. But now I'm not so sure. Could be pretty close to correct, but we perhaps have an optical illusion going on from the slammed stance, and maybe because the area behind the rear wheel arch might be too short horizontally.

1700045584_Diplomatjpg.jpg.1d162711c088812df894ecd579769ae9.jpg

20191227_204603.jpg.8ed5a467d27349d15d65591f52bdacbe.jpg

Lowered the rear bumper and sunk it in a little.  Added to the bottom of the body. Reworked  the front end and added the plastic covers on the tops of both bumpers. Fit the hood to the body and molded the doors into the body and cut new door lines . Also fixed a bunch of problems in the casting. 

1 hour ago, Russell C said:

That was also my first reaction. But now I'm not so sure. Could be pretty close to correct, but we perhaps have an optical illusion going on from the slammed stance, and maybe because the area behind the rear wheel arch might be too short horizontally.

1700045584_Diplomatjpg.jpg.1d162711c088812df894ecd579769ae9.jpg

Mine was slammed,  raised upper a-arms and cranked down torsion bars . Rear spring perches flipped with A-body springs and clearanced the transmission tunnel.  A-frame was about an inch and a half off the ground. Yes it bottomed out all the time and plowed snow up into the fan. Made the top lotook that much taller. 

Edited by Pat Minarick

38 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Maybe that’s what is is. Not trying to be critical but something just looked off to me. I’m a nut for proportions on models. 

Not a problem, this is why pulled the bumpers down and added to the bottom of the body . The squished front end and the bumpers sticking out are the main things I wanted to fix. It will just be nice to have a replica of my car , miss it more than Cuda's and Road Runner's I've owned. 

Edited by Pat Minarick

• 2 weeks later...