Model Cars Magazine Forum

Richie Panch Torino

yellowsportwagon

16 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

What body are you using? Looking great!

Gerald

It’s the MPC body. The Model King issue. I reworked the fuel filler and added drip rail moldings. I’ll never understand why they left those moldings off. Every 72 Torino bodied Nascar race car I’ve seen has them on it. 

YES!! Happy to see someone else build Richie's car. I did the decals in the MK kit.....and I had to do the Panch car. I was lucky enough to meet Richie a few times. I can't wait to see yours!!! Hope you don't mind me showing mine. It is box stock due to the fact we used it to promote the kit.....so I had to stay with whats in the box. Thanks

PANCH72.JPG

16 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

YES!! Happy to see someone else build Richie's car. I did the decals in the MK kit.....and I had to do the Panch car. I was lucky enough to meet Richie a few times. I can't wait to see yours!!! Hope you don't mind me showing mine. It is box stock due to the fact we used it to promote the kit.....so I had to stay with whats in the box. Thanks

PANCH72.JPG

Been wanting to do this for a couple years now but somethings always beat it out on the priority list. It’s time has come finally. I used some contingencies from the kits sheet and added a bunch more

5 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

No way. Once it’s sitting on wheels it must gestate for a few months.

My problem is I can't leave well enough alone. A simple project at the start turns into complete scratch build, think I'm becoming OCD in my old age.

Those T-Bird chassis you do amaze me, I'm going to try one soon!

Gerald

36 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

I'm like Gerald- "box stock" has little meaning so I am as slow as anyone. I think Tim has an assembly line in his house somewhere. He must have a replica of Junior Johnson's shop in miniature.

I'm tellin' you guy's ROBOT. No human being has that much patience and stamina!

Gerald

3 hours ago, gks1964 said:

I'm tellin' you guy's ROBOT. No human being has that much patience and stamina!

Gerald

Assembly line is kinda  true. I usually get them painted and on wheels then they sit and I pick at them here and there. I have 5-8 in various stages all the time. After a fashion I get sick of one being half done and go go go on it till it’s done.

1 hour ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Assembly line is kinda  true. I usually get them painted and on wheels then they sit and I pick at them here and there. I have 5-8 in various stages all the time. After a fashion I get sick of one being half done and go go go on it till it’s done.

I'm with you. I pick a batch of similar subjects then build them all at the same time. It allows me to mix and match parts without rendering a kit useless when kitbashing.

21 minutes ago, DoctorLarry said:

I don't know how you find the time to keep them moving. Mine go in fits and starts. This was another beautiful outcome. Did you do body mods on this one or use the stock body?

I glued some strip on for drip ra moldings and reworked the fuel filler opening. That’s all I did to it.There is still tons of work to do to it. Foil interior engine compartment are all completely unfinished.