Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeff Gordon Jurassic Park The Ride

Dragonhawk1066

Finished my version of Jeff Gordon's Jurassic Park The Ride 1997 Winston All Star car, my first NASCAR build in 25 years. Done in Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red over Testors One Coat Graphite Dust. I know it's not the correct color, but I was inspired by a fellow builder's version done in close to the same color a couple of years ago.                                                                                                                                                                   I had a bit of bad luck with this one, starting with the old kit decals clouding due to the old adhesive. I bought another set of kit decals from Mike's that looked much better on the sheet. Those turned out to have the same adhesive yellowing, so I took the advice from a few members of a NASCAR modeling page on Facebook. After soaking the decals, I flipped them over on a paper towel, and with a q-tip, I swiped the adhesive off and that worked pretty good. Also, I tried to bend the windshield ever so slightly to better fit in the frame and promptly snapped it in half, so that will stay that way, lol. I also forgot a few details like the fuel filler cap and will catch them at a later time. Anyways, not my best work, but all things considered I'm pretty happy with it and it will look good in my display case whenever I finally get one.

DSCN4146.JPG

DSCN4147.JPG

DSCN4150.JPG

DSCN4151.JPG

DSCN4154.JPG

DSCN4157.JPG

DSCN4160.JPG

DSCN4162.JPG

DSCN4163.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

• 4 weeks later...