Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Cuda Pro touring

Mattilacken

Since my Porsche is coming to an end and i miss building muscle cars i picked this one up. My 5 year old son and I built a stock one for him and i realy wanted to remake it as it should look, luckily i had 2 kits so here we go!

Years ago i started this kit by removing side moldings and other trim. I also put on a low wing which will be molded to the lid and boddy, sort of a extension of the boddy.

Rims are SSR Professors with slicks.

Will be needing a minithub to be able to fit the tires since they are wide, but that is needed for a Hemi ;)

I will be using a 1970 Challenger Chassis in this build so i get rid of the molded in exhaust. 

Engine will be mostly stock i guess with the chaker on top.

Interior will be stockish with other seats.

I will make changes to the construction of the boddy since i dont like how some of the parts go together.

O and it will be gray with painted on side decal, fist time ever doing that sort of masking. Will try to use the original one as template and use the Hemi text from the original one.

Photo #1 Side view moldings removed, door handels as well. This is the stance i will go for. I love the rims showing fully but tires being covered.

#2 Front end modded, narrowed the lights by using the perfect sprue provided in the kit and then i drilled new holes ca 1mm more narrow. I think a outer ring will be aded to make the lights look more real.. or i change the lights to some other round ones.. we will see.

#3 & 4 Rear with the new body extended wing.

#5 My sons 3'd modell stock height vs my stance.

#6 Difference in lamp configuration.

Foto%202020-05-20%2009%2055%2018.jpg?raw

Foto%202020-05-20%2009%2057%2021.jpg?raw

Foto%202020-05-20%2009%2057%2057.jpg?raw

Foto%202020-05-20%2009%2057%2036.jpg?raw

Foto%202020-05-20%2009%2058%2035.jpg?raw

Foto%202020-05-20%2009%2059%2024.jpg?raw

2 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Those are KILLER 'cuda's, Bud!!!...love the stance!!!

Thanks mate! I am proud over my son making the blue one as well!

12 minutes ago, matthijsgrit said:

Body wing, staggered wheels, stance... great start!

Hehe Thanks! ;)

5 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Will be needing a minithub to be able to fit the tires since they are wide, but that is needed for a Hemi

Good call, I love it already!  Very cool project Anton, I do love HEMIs and Cudas so it's pleasant to see one build away from its country of origin... the love for cars doesn't have frontiers!  The expected stance is top notch by the way!

6 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Good call, I love it already!  Very cool project Anton, I do love HEMIs and Cudas so it's pleasant to see one build away from its country of origin... the love for cars doesn't have frontiers!  The expected stance is top notch by the way!

Glad to hear that you enjoy it! Thanks for the comment!  I like most muscle cars and have owned some myself and have plans for a Chevelle in the future ?