Model Cars Magazine Forum

Purple power & Body filler

I’ve done some significant body work using bondo and Milliput on a body. Painted it and the paint didn’t come out right so it needs to be stripped before recoating. Will purple power or any variant of it , destroy the Milliput or bondo while stripping paint?

It'll remove nitro/lacquer-based final fillers, such as hobby putties, Sikkins, 3M Acryl Red, and so forth. 

Not sure about Milliput or Bondo. If they're two-part, epoxy or polyester, the purple pond might not affect them much, or at all. Let us know how it works, then we'll have a definite answer. 

• 2 years later...

For anyone searching this, Super Clean does not seem to affect Milliput at all. I forgot to strip the paint from this dash before adding the Milliput. After a day and a half soak, the paint is off and the putty is still rock hard. I dropped the leftover nugget of putty in first to test it.

93356DA6-DD85-49DF-8CE0-8C89B349221F.jpeg

7926E5D2-0E12-438B-BAE1-DF767024109B.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

The 2 part Bondo is impervious to chemicals except acid. Think about. It can be painted over with any type of automotive paint and not get destroyed. It can even take a minor hit in a car accident and not even crack.

I word of advice: Before it gets hard sand it. We used a tool called a cheese grader to file it down while it was still curing It is impossible use that tool when it gets hard.

Good Luck

Mike