Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heavy Haul Project

JT -  I’ll let you know when it’s going to be on I -10 to save you from the extra traffic. 

Francis - the transporters actually can turn on a dime. All the wheel assemblies will turn 90 degrees as well as rising and lowering +/- 3’. This allow the load to stay level plus with modules transporting they will lower the module directly on the foundation.  

On 9/24/2020 at 8:06 PM, Mopar - D said:

Francis - the transporters actually can turn on a dime. All the wheel assemblies will turn 90 degrees as well as rising and lowering +/- 3’. This allow the load to stay level plus with modules transporting they will lower the module directly on the foundation.  

Sorry for the dumb question, but are the wheels controlled by an independent servo control unit or/and connected in some way to the steering wheel of the tractor?  I'm in a totally unknown ground here...

Francis,
The transporters are independent from the tractor and the transporters are all tied together with a single controller.  The controls for my setup is on the gooseneck. Over the years I’ve seen these transporters do all kinds of loads and perform so really cool things. 

I’m making my way through transporter #4 and hoping to start painting tomorrow. 
00888085_ED06_49AD_AD2F_478ABFE9CECD.jpe
EC0A2736_2AB1_4242_9505_96DE66EE4846.jpe