Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heavy Haul Project

On 9/26/2020 at 11:13 PM, kilrathy10 said:

You have some serious patience and will to see it through, Man... I don't think I've ever tackled more than two of the same model at one time... I lose interest, quickly... The sheer scope of this project is very impressive.... Love it...

J.T., by now Dan can build one of theses transporters in the dark with one hand behind his back. That's how good he is.

On 9/29/2020 at 5:23 AM, Mopar - D said:

Thanks Brian. There’s a couple model shows that is when ever they are able to have them again I plan to take this to but I’m dreading on packing it to take it to the shows. 

Not to worry... We can pack it all up in my Ford F-150 and head out there, together....? I know how much you like Fords, you know.....

This is still looking good, btw...

Edited by kilrathy10

On 10/1/2020 at 3:46 AM, Dutzie said:

This is a great looking build, Dan! Great craftsmanship. 

Thanks Brian I appreciate your comments. 

Thanks Jeff over the years I’ve worked on many of these types of vessels and have seen them arrive and be set on foundations. 

Thanks Tom, yea it’s long just think how much longer it would be if I used the Lonestar. 

Some updates on transporter #4. Getting closer now and I’m now waiting on some rigging to arrive so I can secure everything down. 
80B2EF4C_54A4_4DDE_8E92_58C59C534C8E.jpe

On 10/6/2020 at 8:44 PM, kilrathy10 said:

Yep... It looks real nice... Real nice.... That is going to be so much fun getting into the truck and into the contest area!!! ?

JT I’m looking forward to making it happen! 

On 10/6/2020 at 8:54 PM, Madd Trucker said:

here   you   go  on   your  build

Richard thanks for sharing your picture. 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

That is definitely heavy duty! That is a huge rig! Great work on the whole project! It looks great on display!

Thanks Brian. 

On 10/7/2020 at 7:42 PM, landman said:

It almost looks as if that shelf was made for it. An impressive looking load and rig.??

Thanks Pat.  When I build the shelves I was already thinking about this project so yea you’re correct. 

10 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Definitely shows the immense scale of those vessels compared to the tractors wow , not that the d800 is a small truck by any means 

Thanks Jeff. There’s a plant under construction in south Texas that is going to be receiving modules that are the size of a football field and 6 stories tall. They are coming from China and will be using self propelled transporters to bring them to the site from the dock.