Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery. Three Stooges kit.

Working on this one for a build-off for a tips and tricks Facebook group. Color is Model Master Honduras Maroon and Tamiya TS-38 Gunmetal. I didn't think the Maroon was going to be metallic based on researching the color on Google, but I was hoping it was. Upon spraying the first coat, I knew I was going to like it. I was originally going to go with black for the fenders, but I knew if the body color was metallic I would go with the Gunmetal. Progress on this one has been pretty fast as it's a fairly basic kit with not a lot of parts or detail, but I am liking it so far. I'm also going to go with the Dewey, Cheatum and Howe decals on this one.

DSCN4321.JPG

DSCN4359.JPG

DSCN4363.JPG

DSCN4364.JPG

DSCN4387.JPG

DSCN4405.JPG

DSCN4424.JPG

DSCN4426.JPG

DSCN4429.JPG

On 6/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, espo said:

Great looking build so far. I'm a big fan of this kit and the subject. Where did you get your White Wall tires ?  

Thanks! Me as well, it's a simpler kit, but I'm really liking it. The tires are the kit tires.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Very nice color combo Craig!  Superb subject, the '40 Ford front grille is one of the nicest of that era!  You're on a great start sir!

Thank you Francis! I appreciate that.

On 6/21/2020 at 10:05 PM, Deuces ll said:

??

Thank you!

On 6/21/2020 at 11:02 PM, Tom Geiger said:

Mentioned recently.. Ford Courier chassis fits under this like it belongs there! I had Dodge D50 chassis under one as well!

Interesting, I am assuming they are a little more detailed and/or give a little more modern look?

2 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks! Me as well, it's a simpler kit, but I'm really liking it. The tires are the kit tires.

Thank you Francis! I appreciate that.

Thank you!

Interesting, I am assuming they are a little more detailed and/or give a little more modern look?

More modern chassis, unusual drivetrains