Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ramcharger Dart Restoration

Restoration of my originally built 1970 Ramchargers Dodge Dart Funny Car.
Time , about 50 years,  and wear took a toll of the original decals (cracked and yellowed)and unpainted body.  The chassis was in good shape, all it took was some touch ups with a Molotow pen.  A dip in the Easy-Off pool took care of the original decals.  SMH decals will replace them.  Next is prime and paint.

20200723_142838.jpg

20200723_142820.jpg

20200723_154116.jpg

20200723_154016.jpg

20200723_154042.jpg

Edited by Joe Thomas
  • Like 1

Restoration done.  A little concern with the red in the decal sheet, it looked to maroon. Turns out they were translucent and became a bright red when applied.  Also, during the resto built a companion Ramcharger Dodge Challenger.

20200725_110600.jpg

20200725_110645.jpg

20200725_110806.jpg

20200725_110834.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 9:07 AM, fordf-100 said:

Great restoration looks fantastic! I wanted to ask if the bumpers for this kit are the same as the LA Dart kit. I have an original body of this but that’s all I have is the body, I thought maybe the bumpers are the same. 

The rear bumper and taillights are the same as in the LA Dart and Hemi Hunter. The Ramchargers Dart had a bumper that is part of the grille, the LA Dart and hemi Hunter do not have a front bumper.  

I wish somebody would just cast up the Ramchargers front bumper & grille. Maybe check with Harts Parts resin (Google this and the site comes up)- he might offer something you could use. 

4 hours ago, CapSat 6 said:

The rear bumper and taillights are the same as in the LA Dart and Hemi Hunter. The Ramchargers Dart had a bumper that is part of the grille, the LA Dart and hemi Hunter do not have a front bumper.  

I wish somebody would just cast up the Ramchargers front bumper & grille. Maybe check with Harts Parts resin (Google this and the site comes up)- he might offer something you could use. 

Thank you! I appreciate the info. I will look into Hart’s Parts and see if they have the front, finding the rear should be fairly easy.

Let me ck, I may have a spare front bumper grill assy

Edit, hope I didnt get your hopes up.

Went thru all my stuff and came up empty . Only thing I have is a spare gill with no bumper

Edited by gtx6970

I appreciate you checking! Thanks! I am surprised that back then that this was never kitted stock, they did the funny car, petty stock car and the LA Dart. Seems a little odd! I also am curious which molds if any were modified into the 3 different kits or if they were all done separate.