Model Cars Magazine Forum

Detail Master Peterbilt 352 Photo Etch parts and Ford !

Why only 1 Ford 8000 logo includes with that set as there is one on the left side of the hood, as well as one on the air intake on the right side.  Looks like an Oops.  Would have been nice to see the gas 700, 800, 900, along with the diesel 7000 and 9000 logos as well.  Maybe they could do on with the logos and nose lettering, but without the grille?

A.J.

Cover.jpg

Page 8.jpg

On 9/20/2020 at 10:04 AM, maxwell48098 said:

Why only 1 Ford 8000 logo  Maybe they could do on with the logos and nose lettering, but without the grille?

Good point AJ. Lets get the complete upgrade kit. 2 8000  2 9000 and the newer larger grill as shown in photo.  2 900's would be nice if some builders want to put the 534 gas under the hood!

I find it odd that there is no way of contacting them on their Website to let them know of the logo oversight.  Has anyone else tried to contact Detail Masters to let them know about this?  I'd bet they'd sell more if the set had two logos be they L8000 or L9000.

I’m going to make a big assumption here, but on the Louisville that I built a while back the emblem was very clean and defined on the intake side  Of the hood but barely visible on the other side. I made a clay casting of the intake side emblem and made one out of resin for the other side. So I assume that the one emblem is meant to be for the driver’s side where the emblem is almost nonexistent. But that is just my guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I’m going to make a big assumption here, but on the Louisville that I built a while back the emblem was very clean and defined on the intake side  Of the hood but barely visible on the other side. I made a clay casting of the intake side emblem and made one out of resin for the other side. So I assume that the one emblem is meant to be for the driver’s side where the emblem is almost nonexistent. But that is just my guess.

If that was their reasoning then IMO it is kind of silly. When one buys a fret of photoetched scripts, it is to replace plastic with metal scripts. Photoetched scripts look realistic (since they are metal) and are easier to deal with (no foiling or painting the plastic script is required).