Model Cars Magazine Forum

Almost got fooled on this. Thought this was a kit Moebius was doing.

On 10/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, The Junkman said:

How about an up to date F150 or Silverado.  Hasn't been an F150 kit since 1998 excepting the Raptor snap kit.  Most popular vehicle in sales for year after year.  I'd buy several over another Mustang, and I love Mustangs.

If Moebius ( or any other manufacturer for that matter) were to to tool up a modern 1/25 scale issue of the square body Chevy pickup, I believe that those would sell extremely well right now. Square body pickups are hotter than they have ever been in the one to one market.

The old 1/24th scale MPC/Monogram/Revell kits certainly show their age, they're kind of finicky to build/paint cleanly and the detail on them is very poor.

With a new tooled kit there are multiple different options for additional releases ( short box/long box/stepside/utility box, regular/crew cab, two-wheel drive/four-wheel drive, lifted/lowered, round/square/four headlights, etc) and endless possibilities for build variations.

I can understand I'm manufacturers reluctance to risk the $$ to tool up and release a kit of something obscure (as has been stated several times, the Moebius Hudson releases surprised a lot of us and how well it did in sales was also a surprise) but something as common and ubiquitous as a square body Chevy pickup, I'm shocked that no one has released a modern tool kit of it yet. I would bet that most of us either have owned a square body Chevy pickup or know several people who have owned them. Personally, I have owned six or seven of them and still own three.

Manufacturers, if you're reading this, please start with an '86 regular cab long box 2-wheel drive. ?

I seem to remember many years the same thing was said about a 55 or 56 Chrysler 300.

same goes for a 1965 Satellite.

I would love to have a 55-56 Mercury, but I'm  not holding my breath for it either

Maybe just MAYBE a 68 Coronet or 71-72 Demon will materialize one day

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

I seem to remember many years the same thing was said about a 55 or 56 Chrysler 300.

same goes for a 1965 Satellite.

I would love to have a 55-56 Mercury, but I'm  not holding my breath for it either

Maybe just MAYBE a 68 Coronet or 71-72 Demon will materialize one day

Round 2 , in the last few years have been either repairing/updating tooling  and doing new tooling.  Case in point, the 63 Chevy II wagon.  That's a brand new tool Round 2 just did.  I think our chances for an all new kit of the 68 Coronet and 71-72 Demon are very good.  Keep writing to the model kit companies.  Eventually it will happen.

5 hours ago, Toner283 said:

If Moebius ( or any other manufacturer for that matter) were to to tool up a modern 1/25 scale issue of the square body Chevy pickup, I believe that those would sell extremely well right now. Square body pickups are hotter than they have ever been in the one to one market.

The old 1/24th scale MPC/Monogram/Revell kits certainly show their age, they're kind of finicky to build/paint cleanly and the detail on them is very poor.

I believe they would sell well, too. I recently sold five MPC/REVELL/Monogram square body pickup,  Blazer, and Van kits for $200.00 on eBay with buyers doing some crazy bidding on them.

I also sold a STOMPER Blazer kit, with the Mud Buggy for nearly $130. I was surprised, to say the least! The '57 Chevy BelAir kits I listed didn't do so well.

Trucks are where it's at, right now!!