Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '56 Chevy Del Ray

Mr mopar

9 hours ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

Yeah, the Nomad front bumper is way off, but IIRC the Del Ray has a shorter pan behind it and does not have the 5 mph look of the Nomad kit?

I could swear that this issue was with only the first issue of the Nomad kit and that later reissues got the corrected pan in it.

On 10/9/2020 at 12:50 PM, blizzy63 said:

The wheel radiuses and rear end treatment were an improvement over the '55 (IMHO). The front end always struck me as a poorman's '56 Cadillac (which I love).

Replacing the oddish '56 taillights with aftermarket red plexi units was an easy custom tweak.

Unknown.jpegimages.jpeg.8e9956d2de68e601ffdcf9b028d07f10.jpegimages-1.jpeg.8770aa396d9f9efb0c09e65526f2e30b.jpeg

the ad MAY be for 55 Chev custom lenses....if used on a 56 you couldn't gas up...:unsure:

1 hour ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Definitely on my want to buy list! Now if Revell can bring back the tri five Nomads...

Atlantis is reissuing the ex-Revell 1/25 '57 Nomad, and while both the 1/25 modern era Revell '55 Bel Air Hardtop and '56 Nomad would be welcome reissues, not so much regarding the 1/24 Monogram '57 Nomad.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:55 PM, Dragonhawk1066 said:

I'll need one of these, I just picked up the AMT '55 Chevy at Hobby Lobby on Monday. I'm also looking for a nice building '56 and '57 Chevy, so I'll be halfway there when this is released. The box art is cool to a certain degree, showing the stock and custom versions, but I'll be building it somewhere in-between.

The AMT '55 is a good kit. Give me a chance later to post up some pics.