Model Cars Magazine Forum

March 707 Can Am

A mate of mine has his 3D printer up and running, not a resin printer unfortunately, and he surprised me with this 1/24th body.  It has taken a lot of work to get to here as the curves are rather segmented. I searched through my resin parts box and came up with a suitable manifold and tyres (Accurate Miniatures McLaren), wheels (Eagle Indy car), injectors (apparently shoe ferrules), gearbox (Fujimi GT40) and interior (who knows?).

It will never be perfect but it will be different and look OK in my display cabinet.

Tks for looking.

Dave B

IMG_8039.JPG

IMG_8035.JPG

IMG_8036.JPG

IMG_8038.JPG

• 1 month later...

Dave...were you aware of the existence of this model. It is by LS, I believe. This was done many years ago and box stock as reference material didn't exist.  So please excuse the inaccuracies. I like the shape of yours much better and of course the detail work. So keep at it and I will look forward to the results. 

DSC07188.JPG

Tks guys, Rich yours looks good even though it is a basic kit.

My decals have arrived so should be finished over the next couple of weeks. My mate has just bought a brand new printer and has promised me a Shadow MkII body so may be in a position to post the bare body in a few weeks.  Better start going through my bits for wheels, etc.

Dave B

On 1/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, Rich Chernosky said:

Dave...were you aware of the existence of this model. It is by LS, I believe. This was done many years ago and box stock as reference material didn't exist.  So please excuse the inaccuracies. I like the shape of yours much better and of course the detail work. So keep at it and I will look forward to the results. 

DSC07188.JPG

I have one of these. Academy/MiniCraft. Used it as a slot car body.