Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021 Ford T8000 Dump

This is spot on !! I remember the front fenders and hood moved and rattled like crazy on the old cement truck I drove back in the day, and you modeled that Detroit to perfection !  I LOVE this..

Jeff

5 hours ago, Biggu said:

This old girl, was an experiment for the B.C. Highways Department back in the day, a single axle with a 6-53 Detroit, 5 spd 2spd rear end on air, made a great plow truck...

Great photo Jeff! Can be pin pointed to a '63. Last year of the low roof and first year for crest shape hood emblem. It would have been easier for Dan Models to use the low roof on his F 850, same as the '61-'63 F100-F 700 cab he also offers.  Great job stuffing that Detroit in that small  engine compartment Brian!  Some more D.D. stuff.

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

10 hours ago, Biggu said:

This old girl, was an experiment for the B.C. Highways Department back in the day, a single axle with a 6-53 Detroit, 5 spd 2spd rear end on air, made a great plow truck...

Bob Lines Revelstoke.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for posting the picture!

4 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Great photo Jeff! Can be pin pointed to a '63. Last year of the low roof and first year for crest shape hood emblem. It would have been easier for Dan Models to use the low roof on his F 850, same as the '61-'63 F100-F 700 cab he also offers.  Great job stuffing that Detroit in that small  engine compartment Brian!  Some more D.D. stuff.

IMG_1157.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

Thanks!!

On 3/4/2021 at 8:32 AM, Biggu said:

Bob Lines Revelstoke.jpg

Wonder if it was special ordered  before Ford offered  the  Cummins  V6  as a regular production option ( 1963 article ) .

IMG_1161.JPG

Edited by leafsprings

On 3/5/2021 at 8:02 AM, Mopar - D said:

Awesome build Brian. I have enjoyed following your WIP on this one. Looking forward to seeing what your next build will be. 

Thanks Dan! I’m starting another odd one, but I think that you might like it.😀

On 3/5/2021 at 9:38 AM, Flynlo said:

Great build on this old work horse!

Thanks Tim!!!

On 3/6/2021 at 11:50 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another fantastic build Brian, you have again proved your skills to catch the look a the real thing!  Yet another of your builds that I would put in my display cabinet without hesitation but you certainly have enough space in yours I'm sure... 👌

Thanks Francis!! I consider that a huge compliment coming from yourself!!

On 3/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, gotnitro? said:

Well done!  Looks like the real truck ! 

Thanks Jeff! It was an interesting start, but as in real life, it wasn’t anything that JB Weld couldn’t fix.😀

All I know about that B.C. Highways Ford is, that is was supposed to be 'experimental' and it was the only one in service, I know the guy in the photo, I could ask him, to see what he remembers if you guys want.... Brian, your build turned out fantastic, what a great job, it is spot on for sure !

2 hours ago, Biggu said:

All I know about that B.C. Highways Ford is, that is was supposed to be 'experimental' and it was the only one in service, I know the guy in the photo, I could ask him, to see what he remembers if you guys want.... Brian, your build turned out fantastic, what a great job, it is spot on for sure !

Thanks Jeff!!