Model Cars Magazine Forum

Action Modeler resin review

First of all, I have no ties to this company, this was an absolute random purchase from eBay. 

I am usually pretty nervous about buying resin from unknown casters on EBay, but I took a chance on this Model A body. The listing stated that made a few improvements on the original Revell body , The roof opening was extended further forward like full size car body. The roof panels was then extended and a new lip was made to hold it in place. New roof seams where added to the rear of the roof as seen in reference photos. The tail pan area was filled in where the kit body had custom tail light recesses. The firewall was modified with more details around the edge to copy whats on the full scale bodies. Separate inner wheel well panels where custom made with '30 style raised ribs.I don’t have an original Revell body to compare it to but looks good to me. The casting is very thin and clean and I have done no cleanup whatsoever in these pics. I’m very happy with the quality here and will definitely order from them again.Here is the website 

Action-modeler.com

1612810639076-vi.jpg

1612810629310-vi.jpg

1612810621992-vi.jpg

Highly recommended 

• 4 weeks later...

I have ordered a number of parts from action-modeler, mostly transmissions, and they are excellent quality. In fact, I just got 3 C-6 Ford transmissions in the mail today!  Items are packed well and arrive quickly, which is not always the case with resin items.