Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone built the recent 1965 Lincoln as a wagon?

I SEARCHED, Google searched, I found lots of topless builds, but I think I only found 1 built as a wagon. Are there any others that have built this car as a wagon? I would like to do it up completely stock, but with a wagon roof, as though it could have been factory that way.

Any builds or advice for fitting the roof would be great.

Sorry, I'm better at ideas than actual useful information...

You could build it as a custom made wagon for a ritzy resort.  I've always wanted to try that with the '65 Lincoln.  

The Broadmoor Resort in Colorado had a series of Cadillac station wagons custom-built in the 1950's, to haul guests and their luggage.  The wagon was called the "Skyview" because of its clear roof panels.  A lot like the roof of that AMT '65 Lincoln.  Here's a Skyview that has seen better days, but the clear roof panels are visible.

1955-cadillac-skyview-1.jpg

Hi Scott!

You might want to try the roof from the Alternomad (seen here on a Starliner)... Or, the 64 Wagon roof (seen he highly modified on a Monte Carlo Nomad). Both require some work, but the Lincoln is a big car, so, they should fit. I did a custom Roadster PU with the Lincoln, a la Ranchero, but a two-seater. 

So much styrene, so little time...

CT 

DSC01134 (2).JPG

DSCF3801 (2).JPG

DSCF3028.JPG