Model Cars Magazine Forum

LOTUS EUROPA SPECIAL

doubleyoung2003

10 hours ago, Bainford said:

Exceptional build. Excellent detailing and a very high degree of realism. One of the best I've seen in that regard. Excellent photography as well. Your build video has been mentioned and linked on a Lotus Europa owners forum (which is where I first seen it), and it got high praise there also.

I have this same kit on the bench right now. It is an extremely well done kit, and Tamiya captured the subtle details of the Europa perfectly. The only flaw with the kit is the slightly oversized wheels and tires, which it is a flaw that is very difficult to correct. Otherwise, the kit is exceptional.

May I ask where you got the windscreen wiper?

Hi Trevor,nice to hear that and thank you.😄

I didn't notice the size of wheels...now I know..what a discovery!😃

about the P.E wiper,there are so many of them..I've tried several aftermarket P.E parts and I think the K.A model's product is just fit the right size in this case..somehow they are not easy to find now..🤔

What I find noteworthy is the paint looks accurate. What I mean is it looks like the real car scaled down and not the over gloss of many models. The reflections look like what I'd expect from a restored Lotus at a car show. Did any Lotus have an engine compartment that clean? :)

12 hours ago, iBorg said:

What I find noteworthy is the paint looks accurate. What I mean is it looks like the real car scaled down and not the over gloss of many models. The reflections look like what I'd expect from a restored Lotus at a car show. Did any Lotus have an engine compartment that clean? :)

Thank you,I'm glad you notice that~

I used 2K clear once,yes,it's shiny,but I just felt something wrong…I think the effect is a bit greasy to me…and I felt the thickness of the clear coat is hard to control…,or maybe my painting skill is not suitable for that paint…

Anyway,I like to build up my paint layer by layer,and polish tham,these process is similar to making Japanese lacquer ware,it takes time,but I can always fix problem and imperfection between layers…frankly,I really like the result,I feel it's more classic and elegant…

Just my opinion,anyone could find the best way for themselves.cheers!!