Model Cars Magazine Forum

Brian’s 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse from (The Fast and the Furious)

adamelvis

On 5/4/2022 at 1:47 AM, Sandboarder said:

I think the thinners in the Zero paint ate into the plastic. Try trying on your spare body the Zero primer and paint first. 

doing an excellent job on the build as well. You’ve captured some great details!!

Yes Chris,  you were correct.  I realize now I was spraying my coats on too thick.   After I stripped & sanded the body, I sprayed Zero Paints grey primer, then about 5-6 thin coasts of the Zero Paints Lime Green with positive results.  

Will do a very light sanding with 4000 to get rid of the dust particles then apply the decals. Let it dry over the weekend and then apply the 2K clear with thin coats.

TCB,

Adam

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/11/2022 at 7:24 PM, adamelvis said:

8D76906B-12CC-462B-9F7A-0B8A31B6F71A.thumb.jpeg.a72545af28e29c60faf9ee46b0996b5f.jpeg

Detailing these seats was a slow & patient process, but I definitely liked the results of the 4-point seatbelt harness. 
Added the two buttons for the Nos 1 & Nos 2 shots !!

How did you paint the raised lettering on the seats?   I been racking my brain trying for do white letter tires.  Tried everything up to a gel pen!!  My hands not really steady.   Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Frankieboy said:

How did you paint the raised lettering on the seats?   I been racking my brain trying for do white letter tires.  Tried everything up to a gel pen!!  My hands not really steady.   Thanks. 

The “Sparco” lettering on the top of the seat is actually a decal. 
* FYI - Did you know you can also buy decals of different tire manufacturers? ie: Goodyear, Michelin, Toyo, etc.  You need to sand off the raised lettering on the rubber tire, then apply the decal and finish off with a coat of matte or semi-gloss.

TCB,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

7C074DC3-3992-4387-B397-A1A411A330E5.jpeg.4d93280ed372d0f0ce026199d0daf8ae.jpeg

The side mirrors were a bit too small and feeble, so I made a more durable replacement from plastic sprue, a used staple and some rubber hose (spark plug wire boots). Wrapped it in carbon fiber decal and used BMF for the mirror. Created a separate side mounting plate, which was painted semi-gloss black and drilled a small hole for the arm to be glued into.

TCB,

Adam

• Like 2