Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many helmets have you acquired

I've probably got a few helmets stashed in a box with other accessory items, but there are a couple of other things that are really piled up...

-trophies from AMT Trophy Series kits

-those cinder blocks that came in the AMT '50 Ford convertible and '34 Ford pickup kits

-the mini billboard frames that came in some 1961 AMT and SMP annual kits.  I've been meaning to print cards to stick into them (original kits had a "card" printed on the instruction sheet that the builder was supposed to fill in).

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

I’ve been looking for a 60’s-era helmet for a drag build I’m doing…any tips on which kits come with these?

I have a bunch of Paddy Wagon police helmets, but that’s not quite the right look 🤪

I just checked a couple of kits I thought came with a helmet or two and realized I don't remember or the newer releases I have on hand don't have them anymore . I think the AMT 1963 corvette has one . Finding those little extras in kits is one of the things I've always enjoyed I'd bet someone would just give you one if ya asked , but be specific the ones I have pictured look mostly the same but there's some subtle differences .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

The trophies are neat too.  Some of the ones I have were altered a bit by the original builders...like having the bases cut down to make them different heights.

I don't even know what to do with all of the trophys but they're fun to find . I can't remember which revell kit it was but there was one that  had some very nice heather detail it was impressive for the time maybe the original attempt 1 kit or a Roth kit ...

20220119_213248.jpg

• Like 1