Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Mustang GT Fastback

This body was loaned to me.  It is not perfect but not terrible.   The pillar on the driver's side is pushed out slightly and since it is rare and I dared not try to fix this.  There is a nice hood, the gt grille and the exhaust tips and rear valance.

Yes, I am aware.  Will it be the true GT with the proper fender badge like this.  I saw pics and it was not there.  Hopefully their attempt won't disappoint. My timing does suck.

Edited by Greg Wann
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Can anyone identify the body and chassis of this old swap meet find.  The chassis is throwing off my assumption that it is an AMT kit.

5EDD28F1-C292-494D-B702-0AA735B916E1.jpeg

7EFEF70C-45DB-4737-9DAB-DBA802A4A5DA.jpeg

39445142-F1EA-4EF6-9226-94F0CBCFA58C.jpeg

That's an MPC '66 Mustang you've got there, Vamach1, based on the custom taillights, teardrop hood, front tires and off-white plastic color

Edited by jokar124
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, keyser said:

Yup. MPC. No molded exhaust, MOC wheelbacks and tires (redlines rare anymore). 
Forgot about fender badge too. Nice find. 

I wish I had found it.  Another member in our club brought it in for show and tell.  I actually have just the box like the one in these pictures but had never seen the actual kit.

8C5EB42B-CBEE-4C26-8C3B-0AAA4FFF7EFE.jpeg

0ECED4AE-D280-40FB-889C-EF08F5D70996.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

38 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I wish I had found it.  Another member in our club brought it in for show and tell.  I actually have just the box like the one in these pictures but had never seen the actual kit.

Check your PMs.

Well I broke down and bought the one on Ebay for $75 (see the gold painted one above) as I figured I may never see one at a reasonable price.  A built up one was fine with me as I have rescued and rebuilt other project cars.  I’d much rather have something I can build versus just let it sit in a box unbuilt for another 50 years.  My apologies to Snake and anyone else that was going to make an offer but frankly when it was listed at $125 I do not think my offer would fly.  I guess you never know.  I have the original box and I think I have the decals too so I’ll post pictures when they are all together.  Even if some parts are missing I can probably cobble together enough to build build a nice 66 GT just before the new and improved Round2 one comes out.

• 2 weeks later...