Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is kind of a companion to the Sonoma I put up a few days back... a "lab rat" type project made from an incomplete kit and used for mocking up components for other projects and ended up being built as a curbside.  Base kit is the AMT '95 Ranger XLT. The core support and front edges of the fenders from a 1996 Explorer were grafted on, and the bumper, hood, and grille were used. The Explorer also coughed up the leather bucket seats.  Paint is Testors Lime Ice, and the bed and cab were painted years apart so there's a slight mis match in the colors. I'm just gonna use the excuse that the bed was damaged dragging after the rear air suspension failed and had to be repaired and that's why it's a slightly different shade. :P One thing I can't excuse are the tail lights... I flopped the position of the turn signal and backup lens portion. Since the orange needs touched up anyway I'll probably redo those if they really bother me. Wheels are 19" Aoshima Kranze LXZs from their VIP wheel set line. I think the mirrors and steering wheel are also Aoshima parts packs items but it's been a few years since the cab was more or less finished. This body was the test bed for two custom Ranger chassis, one mild and one wild, that hopefully will end up under projects at some point shortly. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2