Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Chevy 150 Fire Chief's car

Mr. Can Am Garage

DSCF0021-vi.jpg

This was planned as a quick build but ended up taking longer than I expected.

DSCF0022-vi.jpg

The Gumball machine came from Plaskit was was shortened to make it look just right.

DSCF0023-vi.jpg

DSCF0024-vi.jpg

The Chief's Motorola, mic., cord and whip antenna were all scratchbuilt. Kudos to Terry Jessee for showing us how in one of his books.

DSCF0025-vi.jpg

License plates will be added once I figured just where it calls home.

DSCF0019-vi.jpg

DSCF0020-vi.jpg

Special Thanks to Charlie Rowley for the Bordertown Fire Department decals.

It was mostly finished in time for Classic Plastic and it still managed to win First place in the Emergency/Municipal vehicles category.

Nice work John! This is the build that has inspired me for another project. Kind of keeping it a secret until it is finished, although I still have to snap up a black widow kit.

You're turning into a machine cranking these kits out John! The pace booth and next thing we'll be hearing about is a dehydrator! OR have you gone and gotten that too? LOL

Chris

Scrutinized this one at Classic Plastic two weeks ago, and I gotta tell ya, John's painting technique has got to be something else! That red paint is flawless--smooth as glass, shiny as wet water, and yet not a detail was lost to paint buildup!

Anyone got a clue as to how you did that, John? Or did you develop it on your own? :) Fantabulous work!

Art

Nice work John! This is the build that has inspired me for another project. Kind of keeping it a secret until it is finished, although I still have to snap up a black widow kit.

You're turning into a machine cranking these kits out John! The pace booth and next thing we'll be hearing about is a dehydrator! OR have you gone and gotten that too? LOL

Chris

I've had a dehydrator for years. I'm so back logged with paint jobs that it wouldn't make much difference.

Thanks for the kind words.

Very sweet, I like the windows, with the chrome and rubber look, very nice touch. This has got to be one of the greatest kits ever made. It seems there are so many building possibilities.

Thank you and I agree. I could probably buy 12 of the kit and do each one differently.

My next one will be a vintage police/police chief's car equipped as a 2dr sedan (as opposed to a utility sedan) and probably with the fuelie option.