Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sharpie Lambo 2

Lownslow

I'm glad you've got this one off the bench, too - so I can enjoy it!cool.gifsmile.gif I have no idea how the graphics compare to the original and frankly I couldn't care less whether it's a replica or your own original (in fact I'd prefer if it's your own, I think). A beautifully executed concept and the graphics are a super design. They suit the shape and lines of the car perfectly. Two thumbs up!113-vi.gif

Question: Given how intricate the design is did you draw it directly on the plastic with a Sharpie? And if so, is it essentially freehand or did you work from prior art?

Added later: Just went and looked at the 1:1 again. Your art is your own - and it's great!113-vi.gif

Edited by gbk1

I'm glad you've got this one off the bench, too - so I can enjoy it!cool.gifsmile.gif I have no idea how the graphics compare to the original and frankly I couldn't care less whether it's a replica or your own original (in fact I'd prefer if it's your own, I think). A beautifully executed concept and the graphics are a super design. They suit the shape and lines of the car perfectly. Two thumbs up!113-vi.gif

Question: Given how intricate the design is did you draw it directly on the plastic with a Sharpie? And if so, is it essentially freehand or did you work from prior art?

Added later: Just went and looked at the 1:1 again. Your art is your own - and it's great!113-vi.gif

wow, thanks, the car is actually a diecast and the ink was actually writers ink. i have a real sharpie drawn one and has proven problematic when it comes to sealing it so started over. i did it all free hand its more fun that way.

• 7 months later...