Model Cars Magazine Forum

buick grand national

pancho1969

but its like the model cant look good unless it has approval through the wheel department. everyone that post a donk lookin car a ton of people just have to say it looks good except for the wheels. cant the work be complemented on without saying it looks good but if it didnt have those wheels because its not my taste. maybe these modelers just want to here you did a very good job hitting a lot of details. not, you did a good job but i cant like it because im not in to those big wheels. most people like me just want to here how good i did not how much you cant stand my preferences. just my 2 cents.

Put me on the 'donks aren't my thing, but it looks fantastic to me' list. Great job on the conversion, and it's packed with clean details.

but its like the model cant look good unless it has approval through the wheel department. everyone that post a donk lookin car a ton of people just have to say it looks good except for the wheels. cant the work be complemented on without saying it looks good but if it didnt have those wheels because its not my taste. maybe these modelers just want to here you did a very good job hitting a lot of details. not, you did a good job but i cant like it because im not in to those big wheels. most people like me just want to here how good i did not how much you cant stand my preferences. just my 2 cents.

I'll see your two cents, and raise you a nickel.

Nobody said they can't stand the OP's preferences(feel free to re-read the posts, I'll wait), they all just said that the wheels weren't their chosen style - other than that, all I see are well-deserved compliments on the build. When posting anything on a public forum, expect honesty....if you need to be treated with kid gloves because you fear criticism, and only want to hear what a good job you did, don't post anything.

my point was that every time someone post a donk style car, 50 people dont have to chime in saying how they cant stand the style of wheels, i understand that they werent being rude but there is a rant section with several topics of this. i was making a point of cant we just comment on the details of the build, i doubt any body cares to here if someone doesnt like that style car from 50 different people if that is the style they do like. so know you dont have to treat it with kids gloves and you dont have to get smart with me either. theres no reason to post over and over that someone doesnt like the wheels.

Edited by bad0210

Thanks for all the complaments guys. I already knew most people here would have a problem with my wheel choice before I posted it up. I'm ok with it i build what I like not what another builder thinks is rite :D

darn right man that's the hole point of the hobby i love the color man what is it??? and the work you did to it is on the spot great work

That's an awesome build, great details ~ love it! There was a car I kept seeing on the way to work with the same type of wheels ~ an old cutlass I believe... with a crazy sparkly lime green paint job. Every time I saw it I had to laugh, it looked ridiculous :D But it did make me smile every day. We all have different styles... that's what makes us who we are :o